Just left a firm who -------

do not even have a digi download equipment ,they have had digi card vehicles since the 57 plate and not one driver has had it downloaded or have the vehicles , also they do not even ask you for your tachos ,i was there 3 months didnt get asked once . now as i quit due too parking fine disagreements if they try it on with me ie wages deduction should i threaten them with VOSA .

i wouldn’t threaten them but i would make the call to vosa cowboys like them need shutting down you can persue your money though the small claims court.

topmixer11:
do not even have a digi download equipment ,they have had digi card vehicles since the 57 plate and not one driver has had it downloaded or have the vehicles , also they do not even ask you for your tachos ,i was there 3 months didnt get asked once . now as i quit due too parking fine disagreements if they try it on with me ie wages deduction should i threaten them with VOSA .

isnt it a condition of an o’licene that the operator has to keep records of drivers hours/work etc etc :question: :question:

as surely that by not having the equipment to download digi it would be enough to warrant a 9am meeting with the TC regarding their o licence :question: :question: , as if you have had it since 2007 then drivers data will of been lost as it only stores for 1 year dont it :question: :question: and what is the betting that drivers havent got all their paper charts from a year ago :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

regarding VOSA, IMPO i would keep that as your trump card untill your paid your final wage and should they deduct your wages try and solve it amicably first :wink: :smiley: by deduction do you mean for the parking fine :question: :question: are you able to give anymore info on the fine :question: :question: but if that fails then “make the call” and go through small claims court as end of the day thats what VOSA are for, to make sure everyone is obiding by the rules and to punish those rouge hauliers who dont :confused: :angry: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

side note:

can we assume here that drivers arnt running bent in any shape or form and it just the haulier not keeping records :question: :question:

its a beer and soft drinks company .5am till fin ,i always took my breaks some of the drivers didnt av a clue and left tacho on break all day !!! just too get back MULTIDROP !!! transport manager on 1st day came out with me ,double manned tacho then when his turn too drive "OPENED TACHO AND SWITCHED CHARTS AROUND !! i said what the ■■■■ are you doing dont you know you cannot do that you are supposed too use modes NO YOURE NOT REPLYS HE. i then used digi card on next job then asked where his download equipment was ,he replies AINT GOT ANY NEVER BEEN APPROACHED BY ANYONE TOO GET IT SO DONT NEED IT . one of the drivers mates 2weeks ago was out on job in west end london with him and says 1 more too do then we can get back,oh have you had your break yet ? ANSWER oh stuff that we will just steam back IM not out that much SO IT CAN BE FRISBEED OUT THE WINDOW NEAR DEPOT . firm has 14 trucks 18t o licence held by some trumped up office tart whos well in with owner TRUST ME SHE AINT GOT A CLUE ABOUT TRANSPORT ,as long as people buying her new drink ideas shes happy

topmixer11:
its a beer and soft drinks company .5am till fin ,i always took my breaks some of the drivers didnt av a clue and left tacho on break all day !!! just too get back MULTIDROP !!! transport manager on 1st day came out with me ,double manned tacho then when his turn too drive "OPENED TACHO AND SWITCHED CHARTS AROUND !! i said what the [zb] are you doing dont you know you cannot do that you are supposed too use modes NO YOURE NOT REPLYS HE. i then used digi card on next job then asked where his download equipment was ,he replies AINT GOT ANY NEVER BEEN APPROACHED BY ANYONE TOO GET IT SO DONT NEED IT . one of the drivers mates 2weeks ago was out on job in west end london with him and says 1 more too do then we can get back,oh have you had your break yet ? ANSWER oh stuff that we will just steam back IM not out that much SO IT CAN BE FRISBEED OUT THE WINDOW NEAR DEPOT . firm has 14 trucks 18t o licence held by some trumped up office tart whos well in with owner TRUST ME SHE AINT GOT A CLUE ABOUT TRANSPORT ,as long as people buying her new drink ideas shes happy

opening the tacho and switching the charts around is what you generally have to do on double manning otherwise one chart shows no driving and the other shows all the driving without no break. just like youhave to swap digi cards around when double manning.

as for the rest well probably best your not there no more.

Yeah thats how you do double manned shifts have to switch the tachographs around.

Had this argument doing a double man shift in a digital tachograph vehicle not long after they came out. Other driver the experienced one told me you didn’t need to switch cards around just change the modes.

He drove from Glasgow to Tebay, then wouldnt let me switch cards said no will screw up my card, i’ll just put mine on rest and means now will see your card as the driver. Eventually said ok no probs so drove to Birmingham with his car in slot 1. Then he drove from Birmingham to Tebay again no card change, then i drove from Tebay to Glasgow.

Should have seen his face when he did a print out and saw he had done 11hours driving without any breaks.

Next night he listend to me and we changed cards over :slight_smile:

ok hands up to the switch tacho scenario but i gotta be right on the rest of it !!!

Do you need to download drivers cards?

To keep records could you not just download from the actual tachograph heads every month say ?

I worked for a very large company for 6months doing night trunks asked about downloading the digi card they said no your agency we don’t download agency cards. I offered so i assume thats good enough for me not to get hammered if VOSA come along i can’t force a company to download my digi card.

topmixer11:
its a beer and soft drinks company .5am till fin ,i always took my breaks some of the drivers didnt av a clue and left tacho on break all day !!! just too get back MULTIDROP !!! transport manager on 1st day came out with me ,double manned tacho then when his turn too drive "OPENED TACHO AND SWITCHED CHARTS AROUND !! i said what the [zb] are you doing dont you know you cannot do that you are supposed too use modes NO YOURE NOT REPLYS HE. i then used digi card on next job then asked where his download equipment was ,he replies AINT GOT ANY NEVER BEEN APPROACHED BY ANYONE TOO GET IT SO DONT NEED IT . one of the drivers mates 2weeks ago was out on job in west end london with him and says 1 more too do then we can get back,oh have you had your break yet ? ANSWER oh stuff that we will just steam back IM not out that much SO IT CAN BE FRISBEED OUT THE WINDOW NEAR DEPOT . firm has 14 trucks 18t o licence held by some trumped up office tart whos well in with owner TRUST ME SHE AINT GOT A CLUE ABOUT TRANSPORT ,as long as people buying her new drink ideas shes happy

topmixer11:
ok hands up to the switch tacho scenario but i gotta be right on the rest of it !!!

from the sounds of it you did the wise thing and left, one day they’ll get tugged for a routine and a can o’ worms will be opened.

Kenny1975:
could you not just download from the actual tachograph heads every month say ?

yes you could do that but from what the driver said in the OP they do not/never have had the equipemt do download the tacho head and data is being overwritten after a year so no records are being kept - i think… :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused:

Kenny1975:
Do you need to download drivers cards?

To keep records could you not just download from the actual tachograph heads every month say ?

No they can’t legally do that.

It’s a legal requirement for the transport operator to download the data from both the driver card and the VDU.

Kenny1975:
I worked for a very large company for 6months doing night trunks asked about downloading the digi card they said no your agency we don’t download agency cards. I offered so i assume thats good enough for me not to get hammered if VOSA come along i can’t force a company to download my digi card.

Again it’s a legal requirement for the transport operator to download the data from your driver card, legally they can’t just leave it to the agency.

You’re responsibility is to make your card available for download which you seem to have done, as you say, you can’t force them to download the data from it so it’s their problem if VOSA do checks on the company.

I have worked for agencies for the last 6 years,and when using an analogue tacho,the agency had the tacho disc from me,took a copy for their records and sent the original back to the transport company,or,the transport company took the original and gave me a copy for the agency.
Now when driving using a digi card,the firm I work for has a file for agency drivers records when they are downloaded.I put my own printout roll in and take a printout for my own records.(Most firms whinge about the price of printout rolls if you use their’s).
It’s the same for any firm using any type of recording device,analogue or digital,the vehicle operator MUST have the original record,that’s what the “O” licence is all about.

As an operator, both you and your drivers have legal responsibilities to comply with current regulations regarding digital tachographs. You must:

*Ensure that your tachographs are calibrated, inspected and re-calibrated when necessary.

*Supply your drivers with enough print roll so they will have enough paper for printouts and manual records.

*Instruct your drivers in the correct use of Vehicle Units (VUs) and driver smart cards.

*Ensure your drivers return all of their printouts.

*Schedule work in line with current drivers’ hours rules.

*Not pay your drivers by distances travelled and/or the amount of goods carried if this would encourage a breach of the drivers’ hours rules.

*Download data from the VU and drivers’ smart cards as often as lawfully necessary. This is generally at least every 28 days for smart cards and 56 days for VUs.

*Check digital data to ensure compliance with drivers’ hours rules. For more information, see our guides EU drivers’ hours rules and GB drivers’ hours rules.

*Be able to produce tachograph records to enforcement officers covering at least 12 months.

*Take all reasonable steps to prevent breaches of the rules.