Digi Tacho

Hi everyone :smiley:

Today I was thinking to sign up for work in agency (I want to do only 1 extra shift) because Im working 4off 4on but my current employer cannot find out that Im working for someone else so I was thinking to get another digi card.My question is can I report that I have lost my current card and then I will receive another card from DVLA so one card I will use for agency and the other in my work can this trick work??

You can do but it’s completely illegal and if you get caught by VOSA you’ll be in big trouble. Why can your main employer not find out? Is it in your contract that you’re not allowed to work on the other days? If not I don’t see what they can do about it.

Paul

I think if you apply for a replacement your original card is deactivated somehow.

Just tell the agency you can only drive vans that way youl still get the extra dosh but not have to use a tacho.
Or try some of the light haulage firms they often have drivers on a casual basis.

Yes my employer told me that I cant work for another company:(
So VOSA will now that Im using my old (lost) card??

If you report your card as “lost” and you get pulled by wheel tapper while waiting for your “new card” - and they do what i assume would be a routine background check at the road side wouldnt report from DVLA come back as card lost :question:

IMPO just not worth the risk, your bound to get found out one way or another at some point, e.g use the wrong card . VOSA arnt daft (well ones in humberside anyway :wink: :laughing: :laughing: )

May be one of the in-house EO’s could perhaps share their thoughts on this :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

ochen:
Yes my employer told me that I cant work for another company:(

Then tell the agency that you don’t have a digi card so you can only drive analogue equipped trucks and vans. That’s about all you can do if you want to stay legal.

Paul

Dont try running 2 digi cards. The punishment you would get far outstrips any thing that you might earn.I am yet to use my card after buying it a year ago.There are still plenty of old motors out there,so just drive them.

why can they stop you from driving for someone else on your days off, as long as it doesnt interfere with you being able to carry out your normal duties i cant see what its got to do with them.
i got my o/time stopped by my boss once for playing up once, told my mate hed teach me a lesson id remember, his face was a treat on the monday when i handed my time sheet in with the 13 hr agency sundayshift on it, didnt like it one bit but told my mate as long as it didnt interfere with my capability to carry out my fulltime job there was nothing he could do.
ive had other jobs where it was flat hours so id bung in a sat or sun on agency to boost my wages,just cant see the problem

It may interfere with the working time directive of an average 48 hour week although most people seem to be able to do 5 days a week anyway. Don’t try and run 2 cards chap as if you get stopped you will be crucified.

Silver_Surfer:
It may interfere with the working time directive of an average 48 hour week

Worse still - the tacho WEEKLY rest requirement :exclamation: :exclamation:

If working mon to fri then usually it means that only one day can be worked every other weekend.

pecjam23:
May be one of the in-house EO’s could perhaps share their thoughts on this :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

If stopped it is now routine practice to check license status (including digi card) via the DVLA’s live database. The paper trail of the license will clearly show a replacement digi card and as such if you are using your ‘lost’ card at the time not only will you get stuck on for fraudulent use of a digi card and given a 45hr rest by our friendly wheel tapper, but you may also find the local traffic police whisking you away for ‘obtaining a pecuniary advantage’ - now encompassed in the Fraud Act 2006 :open_mouth:

Put simply, don’t do it pal. It ain’t worth a criminal record.

if you get stopped by vosa and have two cards this is what will happen

under the fixed penalties noties

IN POSSESSION OF MORE THAN ONE DRIVER CARD ON WHICH HE IS IDENTIFIED AS THE HOLDER
ÂŁ200 FP

I worked in a bakery about 40 years ago where some of the bakers did casual work in a local feed mill.Then 1 day a man was injured and not able to do bakery work.The boss said get sickness benefit from the mill you get none here. and any one else doing extra work should look for over time first.As overtime was at time and a half they were bloody stupid doing mill work.Your boss can insist on being a solus employer and he could get rid of you if you run out of hours to the detriment of his business.

Thank you all for the advice.

Im not going to do that it is no point to risk a fine and maybe my licence.

ochen:

Today I was thinking to sign up for work in agency (I want to do only 1 extra shift) because Im working 4off 4on but my current employer cannot find out that Im working for someone else so I was thinking to get another digi card.My question is can I report that I have lost my current card and then I will receive another card from DVLA so one card I will use for agency and the other in my work can this trick work??

Why :question:

from my T’s & C’s

DHL:
Colleagues when engaged on driving duties for the company must accept the legal requirement that they will not engage in any other employment (voluntary or otherwise) for anyone else without written permission from their manager. This is to ensure the company acts dilligently in complying with drivers hours and working time regulations for mobile workers

This is taken very seriously at my site, and I assume throughout DHL. If you are in breach of the WTD through working elsewhere then DHL run the risk of taking some of the consequences, hence they put the onus on the driver with declarations on the vehicle check sheet and daily time sheet to the effect that you have notified the company of any other work undertaken. If you don’t do it and get caught then you are in deep.

ochen:

Sorry,You are in the wrong Forum.
I don’t think anyone hereb will give youy Advice how to do illegal,and,theres a Forum for Law and Order,Bully’s Truck Stop,and other

ochen:

I cant believe the downright stupidity of some people on here.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:unamused:

ask your current boss to let you do six on two off.

delboytwo:
if you get stopped by vosa and have two cards this is what will happen

under the fixed penalties noties

IN POSSESSION OF MORE THAN ONE DRIVER CARD ON WHICH HE IS IDENTIFIED AS THE HOLDER
ÂŁ200 FP

as i used to earn about 300 pounds for a sunday and the fines 200 pounds id still be 100 pounds better off going to work, getting fined than sitting at home twidling my thumbs.
i find it hard to take in that the lad wants to work xtra , earn some more cash[ different to most idle zb these days, and everyones saying NO :unamused: :unamused: .