Summoned by vosa?

Couple of lads at our place have got a letter through from there previous employment , being naughty boys lol what will the likely outcome be ? Anyone on here ever had 1 or been ? They have to turn up somewhere and says summit like if they need a brief ? It will be at there own expense , not read the letter myself but was just wondering if anyone knows what could happen , ban and fine , fine/points , jail …

purely depends on the crime’s

nick2008:

From what I gather it would be pulling card , pulling fuse , driving with someone else’s card etc used to do caravans so hardly got stopped

defo take a soliceter with them, they will be asked to explain the discrepincies under caution, vosa will then go away and consider charges for them

scotstrucker:
defo take a soliceter with them, they will be asked to explain the discrepincies under caution, vosa will then go away and consider charges for them

Do you think they will have to take there digi cards with them

Also forgot to add they are under caution aswell

Smoggie89:

scotstrucker:

It depends whether your caution is related to tachograph offenses, but unless your letter tells you to take your digi card, or your solicitor instructs you to, then I wouldn’t take it. What is it you did? Sorry, I meant, what did you mate do?

Smoggie89:

nick2008:

From what I gather it would be pulling card , pulling fuse , driving with someone else’s card etc used to do caravans so hardly got stopped

All that will fall under falsifying records, which takes it to another level. They can and will go back further than for just hour’s offences, which is usually just 6 months back due to the time bar statute. Falsifying records is bigger fines and or jail time. If you are going to go over the hours it’s always better to just record it rather than try to hide it, the penalties are far less severe. I expect they are looking at saying goodbye to the vocational licence for a period at the very least.

Sounds like a driver conduct hearing to me…? If so they may be exonerated and suffer no consequences. On the other hand, it could be weeks/months of vocational license suspension.

Clearly you don’t get invited to one of these for the odd minor infringement. I would be definitely taking some kind of representation… :open_mouth:

I think there is a few drivers from a past company that got letters all going individually different dates

Could end up losing their entitlement altogether and it isn’t unknown for people to end up being deprived of their liberty for a stint as well.

Smoggie89:
Couple of lads at our place have got a letter through from there previous employment , being naughty boys lol what will the likely outcome be ? Anyone on here ever had 1 or been ? They have to turn up somewhere and says summit like if they need a brief ? It will be at there own expense , not read the letter myself but was just wondering if anyone knows what could happen , ban and fine , fine/points , jail …

Hi. I got done about 7 years ago 6 tacho offences cost me my licence for 1 year and £300 fine, so you can bet your life it is going to be more now.

Smoggie89:

ezydriver:

Smoggie89:

It depends whether your caution is related to tachograph offenses, but unless your letter tells you to take your digi card, or your solicitor instructs you to, then I wouldn’t take it. What is it you did? Sorry, I meant, what did you mate do?

I think I’m wondering what you’re wondering.

You state that it is Tacho offences (falsifying records), if at the previous employer “they” were pressurised into running bent, and put aside the rights and wrongs of that in of itself, but move to a situation were they can now show, assuming they have turned a new leaf, or are not pressurised to run bent even actively encouraged to stay legal. Assuming that their Digi cards are clean, would this not help them to prove that they were being pressurised and that under a different circumstance, they will operate within the law :wink:

Wouldn’t that be some kind off mitigation :question:

So it’s not looking good for them then , not worth it in my eyes , only 1 winner in the end and it ain’t the driver

bye bye licence i reckon too many things for a slap on the wrists.

Many years ago (before digi cards) I used to work for a place that was know for running bent, I ran into work one Saturday morning, there were 7 vosa guys and 2 police cars at the works pulling bits of wires out and blown fuses and switches, boss run out and told me to take the wagon to the workshop before vosa got hold of it :open_mouth: , I didn’t have a clue what was going on but done as I was told, two weeks later I got called to the to the police station to give a statement regarding discrepances (spelling error) on my cards and regards to the taco/limiter fuse being ‘switched’, I got a slapped wrist and told to be a good boy from now on as they were out to prove that the drivers tried to stick to the rules but the infringments were done for the companies benefits not the drivers, nerve racking experience, been there done that never again.

Oh deary me lol , don’t wish it on anyone like but no sympathy from me , thought it was meant to be young and dumb not old and dumb lol

Articles in CM with regard to drivers falsifying records normaly results in suspended sentences and licence revocation, permanently.

Cheers people , nothing to do with me but was just curious as was the outcome would be, I take it it doesn’t matter if it’s first offence (well first time being pulled up about it) or not

Mate of mine two years ago first offence getting caught
Had him on 3 winding clock back

£2500 fine lost licence for 14 days

They in fairness asked if any holidays booked he said yes in 4 weeks time a week
They postponed the ban until then and told him to have two weeks off

The fine was from courts then the tc gave the ban