Night or week out check list

hi guys and gals

can anyone give me a list of things that should be taken with you on a night or week out

cheers

steve

Clean clothes
Washing Kit, including towel(s)
Entertainment stuff of choice such as - books, TV, DVD’s, laptop.
Bedding - Duvet, sheets, pillow, or if you choose to be a camper a sleeping bag.

That will get you through a night out, or a few nights out. After that it depends if you are self catering or not whether you need food along with cooking and eating kit.

Slightly off topic ,
but just picking up on something coffeholic sayed ,
when taking a laptop do get a car/truck charger for them or just us a inverter and where do you get one?
as when i looked at CDCs web page it says its two inverters are not for laptops use?
:question: :question: :question:

Fallmonk:
Slightly off topic ,
when taking a laptop do get a car/truck charger for them or just us a inverter and where do you get one?

Inverter. You can get them from many places online or if you prefer the High street try Maplin’s. One of about 150 watts with a modified sine wave output will work, and be more than enough for, a laptop.

Coffee’s list, plus the following;

Big torch, ideally a rechargable one which you can plug in to your dash socket…

Kitchen roll and a pack of baby wipes; you’re not guaranteed to park up somewhere with running water. Large bottle of water for the same reason.

I’d also take basic brew kit even if you don’t plan self-catering. If you don’t want to buy an electric kettle, get one of those flat-pack gas stoves and take a saucepan, more versatile. Refills for those gas stoves are cheapest at Argos.

I was always told take what you’d need to go camping apart from the tent.

gnasty gnome:

Big torch, ideally a rechargable one which you can plug in to your dash socket.

I didn’t mention a torch as I think that is essential kit regardless of whether you do nights out or not and was just listing the stuff which would be in addition to the regular kit.

Coffeeholic:

gnasty gnome:

Big torch, ideally a rechargable one which you can plug in to your dash socket.

I didn’t mention a torch as I think that is essential kit regardless of whether you do nights out or not and was just listing the stuff which would be in addition to the regular kit.

I’d agree with you on that; it certainly is in my job, many of the feed lofts have no lights in 'em at all, and coupled with low beams and dodgy floorboards it makes life interesting without a torch.

With all due respect to the OP, though, it’s amazing how many drivers don’t even bother to carry a pen with them never mind a torch!

what’s a modified sine wave? I just plug my laptop straight into the inverter…

Steve-o:
what’s a modified sine wave? I just plug my laptop straight into the inverter…

am lost as well lol

I’ve got a dedicated 12v notebook charger from XLB, couldn’t see the point in going from 24vDC to 240v AC back to 19v DC had it over 2 years and it’s spot on

‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’ BASEBALL BAT’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:
Slightly off topic ,

Inverter. You can get them from many places online or if you prefer the High street try Maplin’s. One of about 150 watts with a modified sine wave output will work, and be more than enough for, a laptop.

Tried them all, inverter, cheap power supply 12 quid off ebay(lasted a week). Inverter woorks great if your 12v dropper is ok in the truck. Mine isnt and 2 inverters just clicked. Eventually bought a proper 12/24v power supply, works great but cost 40 quid.

bowserman:

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:
Slightly off topic ,

Tried them all, inverter, cheap power supply 12 quid off ebay(lasted a week). Inverter woorks great if your 12v dropper is ok in the truck. Mine isnt and 2 inverters just clicked. Eventually bought a proper 12/24v power supply, works great but cost 40 quid.

Like I said before, I just use a dedicated power supply, had it for 3 years and it’s been no bother. Have go a 24v inverter as well, but It hardly puts enough power out to charge my razor :frowning:

Don’t forget the comfort bottle.

you also need a marrabooboo

davecsm:
Don’t forget the comfort bottle.

You got a washing machine in your truck Dave?

a sink plug.
hand towel and bath towel.
washbag with the other daily cleaning kit and a bag big enough for your wash bag, bath towel and change of clothes. the alternative is a supermarket carrier bag and you may be mistaken for a lithuanian or estonian etc.
toilet roll (just in case you end up somewhere that have a toilet but no paper) and wet wipes for those times you just need to freshen up a bit and there is nowhere at hand.