Night out bag

I had my 1st night out in a truck on Friday and I have to admit I was under prepared. Basically had a change of clothes and a sleeping bag with me, resulting in a rather uncomfortable night (especially without a pillow).

Have another night out on Monday night as have to take a truck from Newmarket to Newcastle and back. Will more than likely end up in a layby on the A1, so I’m trying to think what to take with me. So far on the list is:

Clean shirt, socks and underwear.
Sleeping Bag.
Pillow.
Book to read.
Extra sarnies.
Extra soft drinks.

What else am I missing?

Wet Wipes (baby wipes)
Deoderant
Toothbrush and toothpaste
bottle of water (to rinse after brushing and to freshen face)
small hand towel or large face cloth
(unless you’re a skanky, smelly [zb]er then ignore all of the above)

phone charger
cashcard (or cash) in case you park up near a supermarket/pub/services

other than what you already listed you don’t need much else for a single night out

Good point, though toiletries really should go without saying :smiley:

Thanks for the reply.

Its often easy to forgot the basic everyday things :wink:

In fact… bog roll, make sure you have a roll, you never know when you’ll need it and you’ll regret it if you do need it and you haven’t got it :laughing:

andygt4:
What else am I missing?

Is it the odd night out in different trucks like I do ? Or is it your own truck ? If it’s your own then obviously pack all sorts in there it’ll come in handy one day, for example paracetamols, nail clippers, plasters.

I used to carry a bottle of water for washing with, used to leave it in front of the night heater outlet (but not to close to melt the bottle), that way you’d have warm water to wash with!

Cooker pots kettle.
Cup knife fork spoon plate bowl
Duvet pillows.
Food water jerry can.
Measuring tape.
Diary notebook pen. Maps.
Wash kit and towel flip flops
Spare clothes.
Wash basin.

In what ever else’s makes your life easy mate

There is a full list in here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146

Adjust to suit as you wish

Reef:
In fact… bog roll, make sure you have a roll, you never know when you’ll need it and you’ll regret it if you do need it and you haven’t got it :laughing:

This ^^^^ if your not sure read the Most embarrassing moment thread in the professional drivers bit might help lol