Night out gear

Prob been asked before but just wondering what you take with you in your night out gear…iv not done nights out before so any advice would be good as well…

Adam

plenty ov redbull, pies and yorkie bars

try a good sleeping bag and a fresh water container so you can have a wash ho and the wife’s best long legged mate

Besides the important stuff like maps and a small tool kit etc…
Bedding
Microwave
Kettle
coffee & sugar
Big water bottle
fridge (full of grub)
MP3 & FM transmitter
Inverter to charge said MP3 and hands free kit
Books. Telly don’t interest me really although i do have one.
Portable DVD player (FM transmitter comes in handy here too)
Art pamphlets (it can be a long week sometimes) :stuck_out_tongue:
And most important, an insulated travel cup.

It takes time and lot of money to build up your full complement so do a bit week by week, or month by month.

Ear plugs or plenty of loose change and anti biotics if you over night at Canno Park Middlesboro :wink:

wet wipes! :bulb: :smiley:

budeezal:
wet wipes! :bulb: :smiley:

Oh yes definately :laughing:

Plastic bags ? :wink:

Large pop bottle

the first thing in my bag for a night out is toilet roll and baby wipes. i got caught out the other weekend no loo roll so had to use the blue roll stuff you get. i was a bit tender, shall we say, to drive after that. andrex is best i think. and bin bags!

an empty water bottle comes in handy as well, preferably with a wide opening to eliminate spillages. a laptop and inverter. dont trust the cigar lighter chargers you can get, mine doesnt charge it, it just barely keeps it ticking over. a 3 dongle to surf the web when bored. a 24v fan is a must at the moment, it is so muggy and a ratchet strap to lock your doors together so they cant break in without making a lot of racket.

like has been said it costs a lot to build it all up so just buy what you can and add to it as time goes by.

Giblsa…what inverter you got?any recomdations on buying one…

thecoder0:
Ear plugs or plenty of loose change and anti biotics if you over night at Canno Park Middlesboro :wink:

If you are stopping at Cannon Park, you should spend that loose change on Penicillin :stuck_out_tongue:

dogthehunter:

maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?cri … ce=15&SD=Y

i bought one of these this morning as i was borrowing my brothers. had it through a 24v-12v dropper (with the fuse removed and a 10mm bolt in its place)on a fused extension cord

with the fuse uprated to 15a but i will not leave it running while i am not in the cab. when i get out it all gets unplugged, even if it is just for 1 minute, dont want it going up in smoke and flames do we now?

had it running for 5 hours straight watching DVD’s and the inverter hardly got warm. the bloke in maplins said you can use a multiplug adaptor with them for tele and xbox but dont know if i would. not a bad price either really £39.99.

some stores dont stock them (have to order in) so might be worth giving them a bell first

Did my first night out this week. heres what i took with me.

Camp Stove & Aluminium Pan set (Cant afford microwave yet, and microwaved bacon is minging anyway :smiley:)
Gas for camp stove
5L Water bottle
2 or 3 pot noodles
Tin of ‘All day Breakfast’ Beans type thingy
Laptop
Inverter
Hella Adapter
MP3 Player & FM Transmitter
Bedding
Bottle of pop 2L and smaller bottles to ‘top up’ from the big one
BOXES - to keep stuff in :stuck_out_tongue:
Drinks - Tea / Coffee /Sugar / Beer / Coffee Mate or a small 1 pint of milk. should keep fine overnight, mine did
Cutlery

No doubt i can refine the list a little when i get more experience with nights out. :slight_smile: done 2 this week and loved every minute of it (apart from Thurs night when it was real muggy, approx 26C in a lowline Scania, Curtains drawn and just the roof vent for air circulation :S )

A decent sleeping bag and pillows
TV (one with freeview and a built in DVD player is a good idea)
Gas Stove
spare gas bottles
Coffee/Sugar/Milk
Canned food (you never know when you’ll get caught in a layby with nothing for miles around)
Water bottle
A wide neck empty bottle
Books, for when theres absolutely nothing on TV.
Mobile Phone charger
A selection of DVD’s
Frying pan and saucepan
plate and cutlery
toilet roll
kitchen roll
clean clothes/towel/washbag
First Aid kit and painkillers

Like everyone else has said though it can and will take time to build all this up, to get to my kit now has taken me 4 yrs.

Giblsa:

dogthehunter:

i bought one of these this morning as i was borrowing my brothers. had it through a 24v-12v dropper (with the fuse removed and a 10mm bolt in its place)on a fused extension cord

with the fuse uprated to 15a but i will not leave it running while i am not in the cab. when i get out it all gets unplugged, even if it is just for 1 minute, dont want it going up in smoke and flames do we now?

had it running for 5 hours straight watching DVD’s and the inverter hardly got warm. the bloke in maplins said you can use a multiplug adaptor with them for tele and xbox but dont know if i would. not a bad price either really £39.99.

some stores dont stock them (have to order in) so might be worth giving them a bell first

Not sure why anyone buys 12volt inverters. For the same money you can get a 24volt version which is actually designed to run in lorries. Then you can do away with converters and droppers. and bolts instead of fuses :smiley:

Heres the 24 volt version from maplins for the same money as a 12volt version

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod … doy=search

as well as loose change, real money and a credit card for emergencys

daleyboy:

Giblsa:

dogthehunter:

Not sure why anyone buys 12volt inverters. For the same money you can get a 24volt version which is actually designed to run in lorries. Then you can do away with converters and droppers. and bolts instead of fuses :smiley:

Heres the 24 volt version from maplins for the same money as a 12volt version

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod … doy=search

that similar to what i use and it works a treat,although i have a 24 volt lead for computer. wagons been in for service this weekend and should come out with 2 x 24 volt sockets (1 hella 1 normal) and 2 x 12 volt sockets (1 hella 1 normal) should make life easier.

Blimey, don’t you guys carry alot of stuff around with you? :astonished:

I’m happy if I can find a clean pair of pants! …that’s all I’ve got room for in the “flat top baked bean can” though :laughing:

not much room at all in those things shrek, when i got out of my old daf transporter and into my new daf space cab it was like moving from a cupboard to a mansion, so much storage and i can stand up in it :smiley: i cant fill the cupboards even

…this is what il be night outting in havent had a chance to have a proper look yet so unsure how much space inside…

Adam