Night drivers - when do you sleep?

do you know when i was on nights i was listening to the mike mendoza show on talk sport… and there was on about people on nights any industry coming home from work at … well anytime from 5 am onwards and having an few tinnys.

now when i was on nights last year quite often i would get home about 7-8am when everyone was getting up and have a few beers while the rest of the family were tucking into thier cornflakes.

does anybody else do this cos i did but according to mike mendoza show this was a big no no and verging on alcohism.

I’ve been on nights for the last 2 weeks starting at 5pm through til 2 or 3 in the morning. Straight home, straight to sleep. Up at around 10, and enjoy the rest of the day.

I agree with what RobK says (hold on, something must be wrong), it’s nice not having to get up for work in the morning. Better to get up, relax, then go to work when you are getting tired :wink:

jessicas dad:
do you know when i was on nights i was listening to the mike mendoza show on talk sport… and there was on about people on nights any industry coming home from work at … well anytime from 5 am onwards and having an few tinnys.

now when i was on nights last year quite often i would get home about 7-8am when everyone was getting up and have a few beers while the rest of the family were tucking into thier cornflakes.

does anybody else do this cos i did but according to mike mendoza show this was a big no no and verging on alcohism.

A few tinnys !! Jesus christ, you should see my bin!! I’d say you’ll be ok!

I tend to read, watch TV or go on the computer for an hour or so when I get home which is usually between 0500-0700.

I like to get about 7 hours sleep and then I do what I like till it’s time to leave for work.

I work Friday nights :imp: and I tend to go to bed immediately on a Saturday morning to avoid losing too much of my weekend.

And JD - I often have a nice cold lager or a glass of red after I get in. :smiley:

jessicas dad:

Well no it isn’t . Your life is switched over 12 hours to everybody elses . If you want a can after getting from work at 6am then have one .
Without fail every friday morning around 5am-6am i will have a chicken tikka curry microwave jobbie from tesco and a few slurps of beer or cider . :laughing:
I,ve done nights for about 5 years now , thats why i,m awake now . I struggle to get to sleep before 4 am . I,ll be up for 11 .

I sleep before nights, get up about 16.30 to start shift at 18.00 will usually have a 45 in the bunk too as snap is long gone by break time. After Friday night I do not bother with bed on a Saturday, suits me fine. I do have a bad hour always between 4 and 5 am give or take 30 mins but once over that I feel wide awake again, have occaisionally pulled into services for coffee and a walk at this time if I feel really rough.