Newbs Cat C training experience

Well done on the pass & the minors wont show on your licence when it comes back

But it is a great felling to here those words that you have passed

Got 8 minors on mine and in examiners words ‘scraped through’

A pass is a pass

Well Done

Dean

Well done!! :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats matey! Great feeling isn’t it? I was certain I’d failed my class 1 until I heard those words “well done you’ve passed” I could of kissed the wrinkly old bugger!

When are you doing your c+e?

Congratulations on the pass

as you say a pass is a pass so dont worry about the minors thats what they are minors nothing serious !!! your safe to take a truck on the road !!!

best of luck

Jennie x

Congratulations squiddy on passing your C test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations on your pass squiddy :smiley:

Thanks for all the congrats :smiley:

Had my first night trunking run in our companys 18 tonner (experienced driver sat next to me “just in case”) last night running from Brighton to Bath. No kerbs clipped for once lol. Seems to handle just like a 7.5 t, only difference is needing to allow more room for turning. A bit scary along that narrow stretch of the A36 between Salisbury and Warminster … artic after artic thundering at me taking no prisoners, but all in all a good run. Going solo next week to provide holiday cover and will be using the 18 tonner to get some experience even though the loads probably wont even top 2 tonne this time of year lol.

I’ve been lucky here. I got a job at a frozen food distributor in the south east. Company paid for my cat C. I originally applied for 7.5t night trunker work, but had no previous experience other than driving 3.5t vans. Didn’t get the job, but kept pestering them and they eventually caved in and gave me a trial run doing a nasty London round in a 3.5t. Proved myself at that and was offered the job of relief driver which meant covering the night trunking runs to our depots 5 months a year. Due to increased business we needed to get a couple of 18 tonners to cope with the increased work load and because I covered all the night trunkers holidays they offered to put me through my Cat C.

I spose what I’m saying here is never be afraid to start low and work your way up. It seems to be a problem that new drivers can’t get jobs because they have no experience. Where I work they don’t advertise vacancies. All the drivers are people who phoned up or sent in their CV’s or even turned up on the doorstep asking if there was any work. Don’t wait for firms to advertise jobs. Get in there first and say your available even if it means starting from the bottom of the ladder.

Good luck!

Great read squiddy, well chuffed for you that you’ve landed on your feet with a job - perseverance certainly paid off for you - good luck with your career & happy trucking :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations Squiddy

You certainly had a time of it but at least you got that pass.

Craig

well done Squiddy, 1’s next then :slight_smile: