Passed Cat C

Passed C yesterday at Bishopbriggs Glasgow, trained with Highfield Heavies and passed first time with Pat Johnson. My original idea was to get C+E as soon as my licence comes back examiner and trainer say get some C under belt first. Would like some feedback on the not going for C+E until experienced.

ideally yes get the experience! that was my plan, but in 4 months i managed to get 4 days work so i ended up just going straight for class 1, if there is work available to you, please do it. if not you could either hold out for it, drive larger vans or just go straight for it mate
it is nicer to get experience in though

Congrats on passing c,e mikey-t, I hope you find work soon, this recession is killer. I don’t know what the score with work is in the Glasgow area but you don’t know till you try, I suppose signing up for agencies while I make my mind up about going for c,e won’t do any harm.

Don’t fancy van work though quickest way to be pressured into losing your license by the get it done by yesterday brigade, would accept C1 as a stepping stone though.

How did you find the switch from training in C to C,E mikey was it really different, any tips.

it is very different, you need to remember everything you have allready learnt, and then build on it, whilst forgetting some things completely. preperation ans positioning come into play so much more with c + e. you are so much heavier and so much longer.
i was lucky and found the reversing side of things quite easy but i know this isnt always the case

Well done on the pass

Well done :smiley:

Personnally I did and would recommend doing the CE straight away.

Congrads on the pass, im looking to do my calss 1 as soon as ive saves enough money.

Congratulations on the pass

personaly if you have the dosh go for the class 1 as that years experience thing will be over quicker and more chance of a job on class 1 in future you are still in learning mode and possibly might be better than say if you picked up bad habits driving rigid one hand on steering wheel that kind of thing i say go for it if its what you want then why not :bulb:

whatever you decide wish you the best of luck

Jennie x

Congratulations on your C test pass Redrorry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations RedRorry. Who was your Examiner? I had Steve Cruickshanks. Seemed a nice guy but he still failed me :unamused:

congrats its a great feeling eh ? passed last friday 90% there with regards to work just need my licence back wish it would hurry up !!

plan on doing my c +e soon just depends if i get cat c work , there is deffo more work available with c+e

cheers mike

blueovalcraig:
Congratulations RedRorry. Who was your Examiner? I had Steve Cruickshanks. Seemed a nice guy but he still failed me :unamused:

Hi blueovalcraig it was Alan Dickson the S.E.

Congratulations RedRorry on passing your C test, as the others have said go straight for your C+E that way its there when you need it.

:smiley: :smiley: