Hi All… Just joined.

Im Dave from Liverpool age 18 so im not a truck driver. I only passed my car test in january.

I came across this site whilst looking for pictures of the Scania Longline. I thought i would join because I’ve been on the road alot with my grandad since i was in nappies aparently :laughing:. My grandad retired last weekend so there wont be anymore travelling for me :cry:

My grandad worked for Abbey Road Tanks for the past 10 / 12 years. Picture below

He had this from new on an X plate… Then about 2-3 years ago he got given and 02 plate Mercedes Actros and a much larger tank because he was delevering chocolate instead of oils

Im gutted that i cant go with him anymore because one of the main places he use to go was Barry Callebaut in Banbury facing Prodrive, if we had a night out there we would go up the road to a pub called the Pepper Pot. One of my favourite places, so ive decided that im going to go down for a weekend sometime.

So. ill be hanging around here now so i still have trucking connections :slight_smile:

hello and welcome :smiley:

Welcome to trucknet Daveyb :wink: great picture, you hang about as much as you like you are more than welcome and we have other members like yourself so you won’t have to wait for your licence alone. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

hi and welcome to trucknet

you can post some of the stories from when you have been out with your granda

Welcome to TruckNey UK.

You might know a mate of mine who works for abbey road tanks. He’s based at Hull.

Thanks guys.

Whats his name Simon? There is alot of new drivers there now but i may know him

Hes been there a few years now. He went there from Murfitts when he was laid off, which would be about 3 years ago.
The trouble is, I only know him as Steve. Never got to know his surname.
He owns a big, rough, old Mercedes van, rigged out as a camper.

Ah yes. i know the guy… never spoke to him but my grandad does know him. ill find out his name tomorrow

I spoke to my grandad about him Simon and he said that he is a nice guy :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to TruckNet UK Daveyb and belfast_si :smiley:

Welcome to trucknetuk

Lady P:
Welcome to trucknetuk

:open_mouth:

Welcome yourself Lady P :smiley: :smiley: .

Ask your Grandad if he knows Dancing Colin?

He has a very similar look to Peter Sutcliffe and has a cab full of Teddy Bears :stuck_out_tongue: :confused:

Wheel Nut:
Ask your Grandad if he knows Dancing Colin?

He has a very similar look to Peter Sutcliffe and has a cab full of Teddy Bears :stuck_out_tongue: :confused:

Will do, do you know his surname by any chance?

Welcome to TruckNey UK.

When did we change the site name :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to TN Daveyb, Ladyp & Belfast si.Hope you all enjoy the site.

Daveyb,why don’t you get your grandad to join the site and give us his experiance and all his tales from his time on the road.(he’ll have a few)and you can show him how to turn the computer on. :laughing: :laughing: