Hi all,

Just thought id introduce myself, im Ben 28 from East Yorkshire, ive had my class 2 since May 2003 and i have to say im loving driving so far!!

I run out of Beverley for a local company (am i allowed to mention the name?!)

Just wanted to say this site has been very helpfull.

Ben :smiley:

Welcome to Trucknet ! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure you’ll find plenty of topics that interest you and do join in the slanging matches, sorry, debates on the threads to put in your 2p worth :laughing:

Hi Rob,

Im just getting used to all this, i have learnt a few things though.

1. People in the office have no idea how hard it is to drive all day and get back
    to the office and when you say ‘im tired’ they reply with ‘all you have done is
    down all day!!’

2. No matter how small the road is, people insist that they will keep coming
    towards you in a vain attempt to make you stop, i ask you what is easier
    to move, an 18t truck or a 1t car!!

it mite just be me though

:unamused:

Hi Ben, welcome to trucknet.
Answer to question 2 one ton car with eighteen ton truck. ( only…no sod it, its the truth, even if its not what I would normally do.) :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

Do tell me!!

Also a another question, ive just got my hands on a Merc Ateco on a '02 plate, it has no 12v adaptor, i have a 24-12v dropper, if i do get a nite out, if i watch tv will it kill my battery, wats the longest i could watch it for? :question:

:slight_smile: Hi ben…WELCOME

Hiya Ben… Welcome to TrucknetUK mate…

Glad you have found this site helpful to you. Afterall thats what its aim is… :laughing: :laughing:

So now your here, dont be a stranger. We all like to read others advice, and thougths on all the different subjects that come up, both good and bad… so I hope you will give plenty of input to the chats and forums.

And in answer to your questions…

1)… Sounds just like a normal day to me…LOL :laughing: :laughing:

2)… Mmmm, tough one that… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome again mate… :wink:

Ben1976:
if i do get a nite out, if i watch tv will it kill my battery, wats the longest i could watch it for? :question:

Hi Ben,
I used to drive an Atego and on nights out I used to run my TV for up to 5 hours, charge my phone have the cab interior lights on and the night-heater (in the winter) and I never had a problem with the battery.
One of the other drivers once plugged in an electric cool-box at the same time as his telly and blew all the fuses :unamused: (flash git!)
So don’t over-load it with high-power gear.

Cheers mate, i doubt i will get many nights out, i seem to get stuck on locals at the mo and its annoying me, ive asked them for nights out and they wont give me them!!

I know it sounds strange but i quite like nights out!!

Ben :smiley:

I occasionally get nights out, maybe once a month, and I find I get more sleep like that than coming home at the end of the day. Something to do with not driving home then back in the following day.

kalm2kaos:
I occasionally get nights out, maybe once a month, and I find I get more sleep like that than coming home at the end of the day. Something to do with not driving home then back in the following day.

Yeah that was my rant with Viamasters. Finish at 8pm, fuel up, do paperwork, hand keys in, start car, wait for it to defrost/warm up, drive home, get summat to eat, watch a bit of tele, get a shower, go to bed (nigh-on midnight), get up at 3.30am, wander downstairs, put fire and kettle on, sit down for 10 mins to get other eye open, drink tea, get a wash & shave etc, get dressed and then reverse of last events of going home to be at yard to start at 5am. Too much. I hated it. Love nights out and saves on house heating bills as I’m the only one living there at the mo. Obviously different scenario if you’ve wife/kids etc. :bulb:

Ben1976:
Do tell me!!

Also a another question, ive just got my hands on a Merc Ateco on a '02 plate, it has no 12v adaptor, i have a 24-12v dropper, if i do get a nite out, if i watch tv will it kill my battery, wats the longest i could watch it for? :question:

Should run all night, Night heaters are 24 volt, I have had a TV on for hours every night for a week on the show job without even starting the engine all that time parked.

hi ben,just thought i’d welcome you to the site,most helpful site around with a good bunch of lads. i notice that your from beverley area. i done my both tests out of leckonfield in the army depot. so i know that area and all the great snack bars around.i don’t know if they still have the same trucks up there but the local truckers would call them yellow pearls. they where every where.i must say i enjoyed my time down there and had a good few nights out. :wink: :laughing:

And LADIES Kitkat :unamused: :wink:

Lynne Kenny:
And LADIES Kitkat :unamused: :wink:

touchy…sorry and ladies :wink:

:slight_smile:
Thankyou kitkat :wink:

WELCOME

:wink: