Newbie saying Hi! (and in need of advice)

Hi All,

I am in the process of getting everything sorted to go for my class 2 and after trawling the internet and reading posts on here I am none the wiser as to which training school to use. As I have two jobs, neither of which I want to know my intentions (as far as they are concerned I’m looking for a late deal on teletext holidays!!) I am looking to do my training further a field and possibly stop in digs so that I don’t get spotted and am away from distractions so any advice on who and where to use would be great.

Also I have driven an artic on private land before with just my car licence and wondered if anybody knows if there are any places that offer the opportunity to do this in a rigid before I have provisional in hand as I haven’t driven anything other than a car for a while now and would like to have a go behind the wheel before I embark on the course.

All input greatly received.

Dave.
[/b]

You’ve not said where you are mate, so we can’t tell you which schools have good reports and the ones to be wary of.
But you’ll get enough experience with a good school to pass first time if you’re a good driver.

Driving on private land won’t help much, because you’ll just do it “badly”, and won’t really start with all the right techniques to get you past the DVLA. It will help you with the size of the motor, and get you over some of the fear of the sheer size of it.

The main advice worth taking is to relax, take it easy, and go for your class 1 asap after class 2.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Dangerous :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Knowing your location or where you would like to train may help in getting some recomendations :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Taking (and paying) for an assessment with any LGV training school may help you and give you a bit of practice.- with the price of fuel and various tacho regs etc, you would be very lucky to find the use of an LGV off road, so to speak.

allikat:
The main advice worth taking is to relax, take it easy, and go for your class 1 asap after class 2.

Or - gain valuable experience for a few months on C before you do C+E but practice like you were on a DSA test once a week to keep your procedures up to scratch :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry, it was a bit dumb to forget to put where i intended to avoid. I live in Dudley so need to miss the surrounding areas. I am quite willing to travel anywhere with a good rep or who comes recommened.

With regards to the driving on private land, just seeing if I could get a bit of a “head start” as all this waiting and build up to booking a course is doing my nut as I just want to get started.

Cheers all.

Dangerous:
I live in Dudley so need to miss the surrounding areas. I am quite willing to travel anywhere with a good rep or who comes recommened. I just want to get started.

You have a PM (Private Message) - top of this page

:smiley: Hi Dangerous, WELCOME.:grimacing:

I hope it all goes well for you, but please remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day. :wink: