Newbie question time

Right then I am sure you have had this question more than once so I apologize in advance for this, but I need your advice…

I was just wondering…

I am looking for a Job…
I am 28 (29 this year) and have had a C+E since I was 18… I got my licence in Holland where I am originally from… All I ever wanted to do is being a driver, I have all licence classes and have driven everything over the last 10 years…
From trucks to artics to buses, to coaches and even a short time of road train driving in Australia…

The last few years I have been working as a self employed driver until I closed the business last year…
Not due to not doing well but due to a few other things…

Now then my question…
As I am sat here with a fresh April copy of truck & driver I noticed yet again that there seems to be a lot of adverts of companies asking for sub-contractors and owner drivers…

Is there a lot of work?
Is it worth buying a truck and becoming an owner driver rather than looking for employment with a company?

thanks in advance for your help and comments…

Does this help - Becoming an Owner Driver from roadtransport.com
LINK NO MORE - can anyone give an up to date link on this please :question:

ROG:
Does this help - Becoming an Owner Driver from roadtransport.com

hey Thanks… it does but doesn’t hehe Only because the page you linked too does not exist… :astonished:
I was wondering if the folks on here have plenty of work or if they are moaning…