Becoming a owner driver

is it worth becoming a owner driver, im only 20 like 21 in june and hoping to do my c and c+e ive always wanted to become a owner operator is it worth it, is there much money to be made i have nearly 10k in my savings i know its not much money but it would buy me a decent second hand motor, i work as a fitter at the moment at a local haulage therm and we use alot of subbys on the transport side, whats your views cheers.

well youve got 2 things going for ya if it breaks you can fix it and you got a bit of money behind you so id say av a go

one step at a time buddy get your c+e first then reseach all the posts on here about it then see what you think. my best advice is do your homework thoroughly before you decide.

sort out getting your licence first then go from there,

ok cheers :wink:

lgamston:
whats your views cheers.

You’re off your rocker.

If its something you want to do then dont be put off, but like i said sort out your licence first.

Look at your costs carefully. Overall I’d say give it a go if that’s what you want, you’d only spend forever wondering what might have happened otherwise. The only word of caution is that at the moment there seems to be a general downturn in work so it may be an idea to see how the land lies and take a long-term approach.

READ THIS HERE

go then to the SEARCH button and look through various
posts made about becomeing a O/D,read the european site as well
you will need to know what you are getting yourself into and
this knowledge takes time to learn, do not be hasty
reasearch , work in differant aspects of transport
from tanker, silo, container etc etc,
talk and listen to others even those who say you must be mad
whilist you are learning carry on saveing, as you will need a vehicle which will stand the punishment and not end up costing
you more in repairs,What ever you do it remains up to you,
,Find a niche in the transport which ensures that you will make a profit, all the best