Newbie now passed C

joedwyer1:
i would have to agree with diesel dave. i want to do c+e but can’t afford it yet so i have just done my hiab for £190 at wimbledon dog track with commercial driver training

I’ve got a history of picking up dogs, I never had a license :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all just found this site,not sure if am posting right place.After losing my job just before xmas last year was at my wits end with worrying about how i was going to keep my family fed. I was not in the job long enough to get much redundancy pay. so i saved up and put myself through my class 2 i done a weeks course with well known driver training company here in glasgow. driving from 8am until five pm every day.Driving a volvo with 10 gears which i admit and take my hat of to you lgv drivers of old. If any car driver say,s to me lgv is easy lol no way i lost weight every day sitting sweating buckets concentrating to get through that lgv test. But a big thank you to my instructorsfor hanging in there with me after my other learner friend gave up after three days. well i passed and just doing agency work, cant get regular work, ive also written to companies asking for a free trial see how i get on even phoned them,months down the line no luck. i was told unemployed are getting put through there class2 free, also and they cant find steady work mine cost me good part of £900 Well enough of my moaning hopefully get back to work soon somewere. :laughing: also big thank you to instructors at richies in glasgow

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome bigyin1760 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Hello bigyin1760 …

Deff no money for Cat C driver training in UK, Looked into it in depth and interviews specifically to look into it, Most you’ll get is FLT training if your lucky…(must be jobless for min 6 months) Thats in England anyway…!

Got a family loan to fund my cat C… Doing theory this week…

STEVECB1300:
Deff no money for Cat C driver training in UK

Hmmm … thejobgym.co.uk/courses/Find … urses.html

HGV_Driving Licence C (C+E & PCV)*
Greater Manchester: 6-8 Days
Lancashire: 6-8 Days
Merseyside: 6-8 Days
Cheshire & Warrington: 6-8 Days
■■■■■■■■ 6-8 Days

• Requires some match by employer or participant.

Same page -

HGV Drivers CPC (From October 2009)
Greater Manchester: 10 Days
Lancashire: 10 Days
Merseyside: 10 Days
Cheshire & Warrington: 10 Days
■■■■■■■■ 10 Days

I wonder what that is - only 5 days needed for the 35 hours… might call next week out of curiousity

Mmmm… is dead right Rog :open_mouth:

I’ve got an appointment at Job Centre on Tuesday about doing a FLT course ( thought it might help with getting a full time job when I’ve completed my cat C). Its with a senior training advisor who told me 4 weeks ago that there was no funding for cat C…

Please do call and post your findings…

I’m printing those pages of and taking them with me…!