Newbie going abroad

well here it goes just had my c+e now for just over 12 months (still cannot reverse).im now working for an agency doing a night run to warrington easy money .after a phone call last week had a meeting with a tm this morning for a full time job i have been offered european work italy on a 3 month probationary period now im really aphrehensive never ever driven abroad before .but talking it over with my other half im going to give at least 3 weeks notice to the agency so as not to leave them high and dry and i want to leave on good terms im going to bite the bullet and go for it will post more details of who the job is for and where abouts in italy im going .i know i will be following another driver for the first week at least just to get the gist of tolls where to fuel in luxembourg etc etc
im sure there are more than one or two on here that could help me when i get stuck .
just glad i found this brilliant site all those months ago
just off now for a few beers with the lads
ps we all more or less passed at the same time and this is the 1st chance in months that we have all got together for a beer or 2
:smiley: well its got me out of the shopping at least

You will enjoy it and running the first trip with someone with experience is a plus point. Good luck.

Would that be European Road Freight? ERF

Good luck mate and keep us posted with your adventures. Would love to do some euro stuff myself but got it too cushy where I am.Maybe one day I’ll bite the bullet and go for it :laughing:

If Malc is right ignore everything I said in my previous post apart from the good luck bit. :wink:

Good luck HAIRYGORILLA :smiley:

Good luck, Hairygorilla :smiley:

Is it a left-■■■■■■ you’ll be driving?

Malc - ERF didn’t that used to be Riby’s?
Hairygorilla - good luck mate :slight_smile:

penfold:

yes it did.

jessicas dad:

penfold:

yes it did.

In fact, as far as I know it still is, they just changed the name.

good luck mate. heard a story that jd riby selling to the son of brian yeardley. (probably driver gossip!!)

They may be already related :stuck_out_tongue:

Dave Riby and Brian Yeardley were office lads at Jack Holts in Newport, The bus drivers had a few illicit affairs, so I dont see why the transport side would be any different :stuck_out_tongue: