Two name boards in the window

Eyup All you sad buggers. Bit of a strange request this but if anybody’s got any help or suggestions we’d be more than grateful.
Me n’t wife have both got our artic licence, me with umpteen years experience in most fields and herself having passed just over a month ago. We’re both working at the moment in Ireland driving artics for a logistics firm in the south east but are wanting to do continental work. I’m a very young 56 and the lady is 48 so we’ve millions of miles left in us yet. We’ve no ties or allegiances so are prepared to live anywhere in Europe as we only ever rent our home.
We want to do a few years tramping far and wide and have no problem staying away from base for as long as it takes. If anybody’s got any advice on which firm to aim for, or even which country we’d appreciate it guys.

You’d be hard pressed to find anything decent nowadays since the east europeans have swamped the market.

If it’s double manning you’re after then try some of the Dutch firms that run flowers and fruit & veg to southern europe.

There is a firm here in Belgium,Rayden,that run a lot of husband and wife trucks,mostly pulling for TNT and the like.

May be worth trying Continental Express Waltham Cross, they have double teams
for Gibralter!

George @ G&S, sure he’ll keep you busy if your not fussed about being home! :confused:

That’ll be G&S, running chilled / frozen, from Bellshill.

yep, £330 clear for a 70hr week, he sure will keep you busy :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

pete-b:
yep, £330 clear for a 70hr week, he sure will keep you busy :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I bet he would,but i would not work for so little,not being funny but ive earned more than that 20 years ago,joke wages.and they say migration is good for us,who is us? it ain’t me that is for sure,if they could not work here employers like g &s would have to pay a fair wage

gbaservices.com/home/home.php

SE England, double manning…

Thanks for the tips and cheats guys all worth thinking about to give the missus a bit of experience but I’m over in the Republic of Ireland and I think the attitude over here towards regs and especially taking the missus if we can’t get a double manning job is a bit more relaxed.
We’re both British. left over 17 years ago and said we’d never go back, can’t see it being any better from what it was all those years ago so we’d prefer to avoid working in the UK if at all possible. Anyway it seems from the threads I’ve read that the average wage of 650 Euro for continental work is a bit better than over there AND we don’t have any council tax to pay?
Keep the suggestions coming guys and thanks again all that have contributed. John & Tracey alias Joined@thehip

why don’t you try oleary they have some uk drivers and some are double manned, they not all polish like nolans(paddy betz)
regularly see same bloke with his mrs for oleary think she’s from thailand or phillipines not sure but nice couple

Cheers Welshboyinspain but I’ve heard they pay the worst rates in ROI maybe one of Oleary’s drivers could put me wise?

they def pay better than nolans and that company in uk with portugese plates jf international, apart from that can’t help sorry.
as has been said you have to compete with eastern europeans for double man jobs where the pay is terrible

stobart?

I know stobart was in ROI now but thought they were pretty strict on passengers if they won’t set the wife on as well?

JFI are just up the road from me and have quite a high turnover of drivers but thats because most of them expect to work 9 - 5 or to take a truck home to Poland (if they tip Germany) or Portugal (tip Spain) and wonder why they aint allowed :open_mouth: :smiley:

I mentioned this thread to Mac @ JFI and he’d be interested to hear from you if your willing to do the work ie driving as a 2 - man team (22 hours in any 30 etc)

Theres a white DAF ssc there all ready and waiting!

number is 0191 5126512, speak to Mac and tell him your the couple John Vasey spoke to him about earlier today. Good luck

For anybody else, he’s looking for drivers to so give him a call for details

was with several JFI drivers last weekend in castets and all they said, not me, was the pay is really bad and they have to run bent. not my quote their’s

Thanks guys for all the help and tips. We’ll keep looking for something a bit closer to home.

I was looking for international work several years ago. Somehow I got JFI’s number and contacted them. There was a truck ready and waiting. Jump on a train and get up here this afternoon and the jobs yours he said.
Job was, from his depot tip Spain anywhere, (Madrid) Reload Portugal and tip north England/Scotland, reload and repeat every week.

I figured there 'ant enough days in a week and still don’t.

so did u take the job George