Newbe from south Yorkshire

Hi there I’m a newbe
I’m thinking about going for my LGV tests
I don’t know where to start need some help

Hi and welcome to the forum. It’s against the rules to advertise but you may find it useful to click on my signature. Based at Mansfield.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you like on the forum or pm me if you want to contact me specifically.

All the best with your training, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Jase73:
Hi there I’m a newbe
I’m thinking about going for my LGV tests
I don’t know where to start need some help

If you can get up to wakefield there is a good school in fitzwilliam called L & T transport they also have web site, did my class 1/2 with them very good instucters

hi mate, u need to fill in a d2 application form, and a d4 medical form which has to be completed by a doctor which can cost anything from £30 to £100 pound,i paid 40 for mine. then when they have been completed and returned,pass your theory test and hazzard perception test and case study test,and if you passed your car test after 1997 you will have to do a module 4 cpc demonstration test,but this can be done after your practical test,if you passed before 1997 u wont have to do it [grandfather rights] find some good local training provider,do your research on google or trucknet forums, ive just done a 5 day class 2 course and thankfully passed 1st time and passed my module 4 this monday just waiting for the licence in post, once passed class 2 if wanting, go straight in to class 1 training, hope this helps

Always best to visit a couple of trainers and make your own comparisons. If you can get a strong recommendation that’s really good.

The web is dominated by training brokers. These folk will charge you loads of money to place you with whoever will do the training cheapest. Always better to go direct to the trainer.

When you’re looking round and you come across a name, post it on the forum and you’ll soon find out if they’re a broker or not. Brokers always advertise as being national (which no trainer is) and having anywhere between 30 and 45 centres nationwide. Steer clear at all costs.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hargreaves training in Doncaster has good reviews there was a member on here who went there and passed first time. Good luck with training !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have got my provisional licence sorted
I’ve been on yell & so Many trainers come finding 1 is so hard

use euro 1 if your near skellow or carcroft good firm one on one :wink: i took mine there c & C+E all for £1800 including tests passed first time on both , the routes taken are first time out round donny and then round weatherby , otley and top side of leeds

good luck

so Many trainers come finding 1 is so hard

Ring round and see if they are happy for you to look around, look at the trucks and meet the trainers. Any problems there and run a mile immediately.

Then go round the trainers (half a day well spent) and compare. You wouldn’t spend hundreds of pounds on anything else without knowing what you were buying.

Whatever you do, avoid the brokers.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Where are you from?

I’m in sheffield/Barnsley

Hargreaves training has a training centre in sheffield as well as I said earlier they have had a good review on here in the past and they do have some good training ‘deals’ up. And if you go for silver or gold ‘package’ you get free adr training thrown in for good measure. :wink: :wink: There’s no harm in checking it out :grimacing: :grimacing:

Best of luck!!!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I used tal training from sheffield, can’t recommend enough. They was absolutely brill while i training with them

southyorkshiredrivertraining.co.uk/