New volvo FM

youtu.be/lHGGHw6vou4

Looks smart enough but still got that huge engine hump and those seat covers look like they are from a 1970s coach

I hope it will also have an option for the XL Globetrotter cab.

540 horses■■? Who knows.

Last time I went shopping for a truck I went with the intention of buying a FM 500 & ended up ordering a FH 540 XL Globetrotter.

I do like this FM though.

This is why its best to let the missus buy the trucks - you come back with the poverty spec one but save a ton of money. :wink:

The hump in the middle is for night drivers to store our bag of unhealthy food on. We don’t get fridges and do get the munchies through the night.

Can forsee a lot of calls to the boss saying the fancy screen has broken and you can’t see the speed etc. Technology where its not needed. Also does that side camera work when its covered in salt and other road crap?

I thought they were all going mirrorless? Could be a sensible move on their part though.

Still look longingly from a DAF CF.

You forget how low they are until you get overtaken by an Actros and the driver is looking down at you :confused:

Looks nice that,you will always get the engine hump in an fm though due to the low height cab sat on the same chassis as an fh.
I’d have one as it’s still a Volvo at the end of the day,we still run an 55 plate one and it pulls like a train and the driver loves it.
Always wonder why they don’t raise the main bed and do away with the top bunk to give more comfort and be able to actually sit on the bed.

Personally I has always preferred the look of the FM over the FH , do drivers really need all that space ■■?.

To me it looks like an Actros when looking at it from a side view.

shugg:
Personally I has always preferred the look of the FM over the FH , do drivers really need all that space ■■?.

Depends how long your away in it !!

robthedog:

shugg:

And how fat you are :exclamation:

Obviously being the slim trim guy that I am I could do a stint across the water in it :wink:

spike78:

robthedog:

shugg:

Obviously being the slim trim guy that I am I could do a stint across the water in it :wink:

Qué, the old timers, in my day running down to Baghdad…in a (insert old banger of choice) :smiley:

biggriffin:

spike78:

robthedog:

shugg:

Qué, the old timers, in my day running down to Baghdad…in a (insert old banger of choice) :smiley:

I used to run down to Malaga early '90’s in an FL10 with 320hp. Sometimes 3 weeks out in that thing.
Has that for starters…

shugg:

Simply put yes, nice to have a big airy cab with plenty of space.

Who wants to be cramped in a small cab unless the work or body configuration dictates it to be necessary.

Even our DAF rigids have CF cabs and apart from the engine hump they are so much better than the LF cab versions even the day cabs we have.

We had some LF cabs on hire and drivers and drivers mates hated them with a passion.

Geoffo:

biggriffin:

spike78:

shugg:

I used to run down to Malaga early '90’s in an FL10 with 320hp. Sometimes 3 weeks out in that thing.
Has that for starters…

Week in an. f6 was bad enough, only plus side no limiter :smiley: