New service station for the M 25

Just caught a snippet of information on BBC news freeview channel,it wont be on the M25,but will be built off it,which has upset the local villagers,who have objected to the plans.Any info will be appreciated. :smiley:

Work on roads linking the M25 to a new service area in Surrey is expected to begin in April after requests for a public inquiry were turned down.

The new service area on the south side of the M25 at New Barn Farm, Cobham, will be between junctions nine and 10.

Work on the link roads is expected to be completed by next summer.

Objectors to the link roads were told by the Department for Transport on Tuesday there would be no public inquiry and work was to go ahead.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-12403826

Good man Harry. :smiley:

Objectors to the link roads were told by the Department for Transport on Tuesday there would be no public inquiry and work was to go ahead

HA ■■■■■■■ HA :grimacing:

bubsy06:

Objectors to the link roads were told by the Department for Transport on Tuesday there would be no public inquiry and work was to go ahead

HA [zb] HA :grimacing:

Which is probably exactly what everyone in Surrey will say to the Conservatives at the next election and the next time that the zb’s try to blame it all on that fat zb Prescott and his labour lot. :open_mouth: :imp:

So after the London zb’s bulldozed the place,to put the motorway through it to save those Nimby’s from putting it through the old South Circular instead,yet another load of the green belt gets torn up just because some zb wants another service area a few minutes down the road from Clacket Lane then zb all for miles. :unamused: :imp: :imp:

As far as I remember it’s going to be an EXTRA msa although they are now owned by roadchef

I am still waiting for those French style parking areas which we were promised by Mr Prescott

Wheel Nut:
I am still waiting for those French style parking areas which we were promised by Mr Prescott

They’ll probably put those in later all placed 1 mile apart between Junctions 7-10 of the M25. :open_mouth: :unamused:

They have started already its just before the A3 junction as you head clockwise, within the 50mph average speed limit

extraservices.co.uk/location_cobham.html

The French style pull offs are called “Aire de repos”,or rest area,all have clean loos,and picnic tables for the car punters on the way down to their villas in the south of France.Most are set a long way from the road noise,near to woodland,sometimes inside a wood,a good nights sleep is very important in France.No robbers too,i have not had problems at these areas.

toby1234abc:
The French style pull offs are called “Aire de repos”,or rest area,all have clean loos,and picnic tables for the car punters on the way down to their villas in the south of France.Most are set a long way from the road noise,near to woodland,sometimes inside a wood,a good nights sleep is very important in France.No robbers too,i have not had problems at these areas.

So if they used that idea at Downside and Ockham they’d make an area that’s away from the road noise of the M25 but near to the A3 instead and vice versa.

Surrey is’nt exactly France.But give the government time and they’ll probably do that in addition to the services so much of North Surrey will just be turned into services for the A3 and the M25. :unamused:

toby1234abc:

Dunno about the rest of you but a “French style pull off” . . . in a picnic area sounds a bit “iffy” to me :confused:

Suedehead:

toby1234abc:

Dunno about the rest of you but a “French style pull off” . . . in a picnic area sounds a bit “iffy” to me :confused:

You want to try parking overnight in Belgium :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Suedehead:

toby1234abc:

You want to try parking overnight in Belgium :laughing:

Last time i went to Belgium it was shut :laughing:

Carryfast:

I’ll be using it regularly in my double drive of course Carryfast :laughing:

fly sheet:

Carryfast:

I’ll be using it regularly in my double drive of course Carryfast :laughing:

Using the government’s logic you’ll probably find it jammed with Polish wagons running clockwise from Dover because they’d prefer to go over their hours by going past Clacket Lane to get a few more miles up the road before they stop. :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

Now don’t get bitter over our EU cousins Carryfast they’ve got to do there washing somewhere & I hear the waters good in Surrey :laughing:

on three lane sections there will be 2 mobile vans going between the rows of stationary traffic,then 3 on the wider sections,with sally giving eta’s as to when they will be in your section/junction.