New rules and ferry movements

I have been looking at all the info available on the regs and can not find anything on the ferry moves.
The old rules were you are allowed one movement of up to one hour to a place of parking from the ferry and have a minimum of eleven hours off with the ferry move in the break which counted as a shortened break of nine hours.
The new rules state that now you can have two moves as long as they do not add up to more than one hour in total in the eleven hour break and i can not find anywhere if this is counted as a eleven hour break or as before a nine hour shortened break as before.

Klunk pick up a copy of this months T & D theres a free poster in there that covers it all very simply complete with diagrams :blush: it even covers ferry movements :laughing: :wink:

(good work Geebee)

Montana wrote

Klunk pick up a copy of this months T & D theres a free poster in there that covers it all very simply complete with diagrams it even covers ferry movements

Cheers I,ll do that this afternoon when i start work i have a few articles of the net which do have a bit about ferry moves but the hour reduction is not mentioned

klunk/■■■■■■■■
i have a few articles of the net which do have a bit about ferry moves but the hour reduction is not mentioned

Good point, which I can’t remember the answer too.
I do remember that you’re now allowed TWO ferry moves and that the TOTAL of both moves must not add up to more than an hour.
I would be very surprised if you don’t have to add movement time plus two hours onto the break you were going to have. eg a 9 will have to become an 11, plus movement time. Which is basically the way it was, but you can drive on and drive off now.

:smiley: From the above mentioned poster :

" A regular daily rest period may be interrupted no more than twice"

" The total interruption of the rest period must be no more than 1 hour"

“A bunk or couchette must be available during the rest period”

and the diagram shows that occuring duing an 11 hour break.

hope that helps boys… :wink:

This goes against my new policy but I am finding it difficult to just go cold turkey so I may do a little post now and again. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Under the new rules, with regards to breaking your rest to move on and off the ferry or train, the rest requirement is for a regular daily rest - 11 hours. So that is unchanged from the old situation where we had reduced rest of 9 hours plus 2 hours extra.