New national lgv training company!

easyashgv.co.uk/index.php

who are they :question: :question: - top of the google search :exclamation: :exclamation:

oh its got the smell of clearstone about it

What a load of crap, big flashy website and no idea how to do the job, should be stopped. Still anyone wanting to do there HGV should go by word of mouth I say

Domain name:
easyashgv.co.uk

Registrant:
WebCreationUK

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant’s address:
Suite 1
51 Fore Street
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8ES
GB

Registrar:
GX Networks Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: 123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 27-Mar-2008
Renewal date: 27-Mar-2010
Last updated: 31-Mar-2008

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
ns0.ukfast.net
ns1.ukfast.net

WHOIS lookup made at 22:20:58 13-Apr-2008

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2008.

They sound well dodgy. :smiley: :smiley:

Mind you there may be an upside.

Easy As HGV have access to 1,000’s of HGV jobs throughout the UK

I wonder if they are jobs no one else has access to? OH! Hang on, the link takes you to the Job Centre site. WTF? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :unamused: :unamused:

Well another one just to say No, Funding, as Ricky Tomlinson would say “My ARSE”

If you aint got a good credit rating or thousands in the bank then forget it.
Shame really I want tot do my class one got jobs lined up but hey bad credit rating and no chance of funding.

bollox

Will be checking companies house in the morning :laughing:

MADBAZ:
Will be checking companies house in the morning :laughing:

when you do perhaps you should check “webcreation,” “Hunger Creative” and “Intek Communications” mobile phone shop… all at the same address.

… though to be fair it could be a shop with offices to let above?

Did you know qualified HGV drivers can earn over £30,000 a year? That’s over £600 a week! Plus you’re entitled to sick pay, holiday pay and a pension.

No I didn’t. I must be looking in the wrong place.

An average working week will involve similar hours to most jobs

Average office worker - 37.5hrs a week. Average driver - 48hrs minimum (especially if you want £30k+)

I phoned this new training company this morning and guess what :question: - they have over 40 training schools nationwide - sounds familiar :unamused:
They quoted me £1099.00 for a 5 day C course 2 to 1 training (recommended) with test on 5th day and said 17.5 hours behind the wheel prior to test.
The £1099 includes the course fee, test, LGV theory book, theory test fee and a CD rom. Medical about £50 which I have to sort out myself.
The nearest training centre they could offer to me in leicester was either Derby or Birmingham and they said all their centres were ‘DSA APPROVED’

Those are the facts - you can now decide…

PS - mods, I think I should have posted this in the newbies forum :blush: :blush: :blush:

From companies house website:

Name & Registered Office:
EASY AS HGV LTD
53 NETHERHOUSE MOOR
CHURCH CROOKHAM
FLEET
GU51 5TZ
Company No. 06472128

Date of Incorporation: 14/01/2008
Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 14/11/2009
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 11/02/2009

Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Branch Details
There are no branches associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

That looks like a big house on google earth, the office address looks posh too, all from a company thats been running a little over 14 weeks hmmmm.

In my opinion the website is presented a little ‘softer’ than others, but it absolutely stinks of a recently deceased company.

ROG:
PS - mods, I think I should have posted this in the newbies forum :blush: :blush: :blush:

moved :wink:

ROG:
They quoted me £1099.00 for a 5 day C course 2 to 1 training (recommended) with test on 5th day and said 17.5 hours behind the wheel prior to test.
The £1099 includes the course fee, test, LGV theory book, theory test fee and a CD rom.

Hmmm, that’s a couple of hundred quid more than I could get it for direct, and that’s without haggling. IT PONGS BADLY. :unamused:

They are former employees of advantage hgv - chris tipper and tom mcgee - advantage who’s managment are from clearstone…

same sort of farming out palavar !

beware only set up last 3 or 4 months !

You must admit - These people are tryers!!

The website is a bit iffy as well if you study it. Whoever builds them does not know much about driver training. they still keep mixing up the LGV/HGV reference.

The Clearway website that popped up out of the blue fluctuated between the two - and it sounded to me like it had been written by amateurs. Not the most confidence building way of advertising your business.

PLEASE impress on newbies and wannabees to shop around and go for a company who know what they are doing when it comes to LGV driver training.