New career for me perhaps?

With last Monday being my last day driver training, having already sold my artic and trailer. Last week was taken up by agency work (cant believe how busy they are), and a trip to the Zoo to be a keeper for the day. Yes you read it right zoo keeper. Last year the missus bought me on of those red letter days for my 30th, and instead of it being thrashing round in a Ferrari or on an off road course, it was the chance to shadow a keeper for the day :open_mouth: :open_mouth: !

Anyway never one to back down from a challenge decided to do it last Thurs before I get back into regular work. Had to travel down to Broxbourne in Herts to do it. Here goes.

First job was shovelling crap and renewing straw but got no pictures of that, second job was feeding these guys. They were very appreciative :smiley: as you can tell by the looks on their faces!

Next on to these fellas, very well mannered and waited their turn for the food. Better behaved than most truckers in cafes

Reptile house next. Was â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  meself cos am petrified of snakes, but a bit of persuasion and I plucked up the courage to hold one :open_mouth: OK so I arent gonna be the next Steve Irwin but its a start :smiley: !

Not scared of spiders but hes a big un!

Dunno what this was but he enjoyed his food!

Getting to grips with a racoon

Pig next apparently this type grows to be as big as a small horse. Dont fancy cleaning that up then!

The lions food, reckon that would go down well with a mug of tea at most truckstops :smiley: !

Feeding time for the lions. Best part of the day real sight to behold! Bit scary though!

Overall an excellent day not sure about a permanent career change though! Would recommend it has a gift for someone has its a little bit different and its definateley something to remember. Got the tshirt and a certificate, so perhaps worth updating my CV and sticking it in with my Moffat and ADR certificate!

Many thanks to all the staff at Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne for making me feel very welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

pics resized to fit screen :wink: …Denis F

Good one. I think you are now fully qualified to work in any MSA or truckstop. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Good one. I think you are now fully qualified to work in any MSA or truckstop. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

…where he can serve, finch, chimps and mushy bees. :smiley:

Good job I read the text first - thought it was booking in clerk and management at an RDC :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one bugcos - great pics and I’ll bet it was a geart day out.

Good one there mate. I like snakes but would’ve run a mile from that spider :open_mouth:

penfold:
Good one there mate. I like snakes but would’ve run a mile from that spider :open_mouth:

Agreed penfold. I would need to be unconscious for a spider that size to be in my palm!
That looks a very interesting day out though. Nice one