New boy needs agency advice please

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum so let me start by introducing myself, my names glenn and I have been driving Class 1 and 2 for the last twelve years.

I’m in need of some help and advice on agencies and was wandering if any of you knowledgeable people could help.

Having never been agency employed myself before I’m in the dark on this subject :confused: I’ve been online and checked out six local agency’s web site and surprise, surprise they all claim to be the best! How do you decide which one to pick? What should I look for in an agency? What questions should I ask when I go and see them? Do you guys sign up with more than one? How does that work out?

Has anyone had any experience of the following agencies in Kent, good/bad ?
Manpower (Maidstone)
Mainstream (Sittingbourne)
Protem (Chatham)
Apex recruitment (Maidstone)
Best Connection (Maidstone)
J+J recruitment (Herne bay)

Sorry for all the question, any help/advice gratefully received. My cards behind the bar so please help yourself to a drink :smiley:

Glenn

Sign up with them all. Agencies are not interested in drivers at all, they’re just interesed in bums on seats.

You use the agency that pays the most, keeps you working most and pays your money on time (and correctly). If you find an agency that does all three, let me know!!!

Just don’t be fussy when you can and can’t work. Agencies will look after those that are always available when they need you to be.

Money wise down your way, you should be looking at a tenner an hour as basic on days, with time 1.5 after 8 hrs. £15 all hours Sats and £20 Sundays.

Just try one out and take it from there. :slight_smile:

Don’t wait for them to ring you, call them first and tell them you’re available. Keep your name in their minds.