Nervous about my doing my first job

hi all, i passed my hgv c, on the 10th june and my module 4 cpc on monday 20 june, so ive posted my licence off monday so just waiting for that to return and my cpc card, going to register with some agencys in peterborough and huntingdon, but to be honest im a bit nervous about it has this is a complete change in career for me, i was doing painting and decorating for the last 3 years, but been out of work for a while so sold my subaru impreza to pay for my hgv training, its something i always wanted to do but never got around to it. anyways my worry is that agency rings me up and says got work for you in morning or whatever just turnup at so and so, ive never done delivery work let alone using a digi card, will i be shown■■? or be expected to no. need to be working tho to take the stress of my girlfriend who has had to pay the bills for the last few months :frowning: :frowning:

I’m sure if you ask you will be shown mate. At the end of the day you are new so MOST drivers wouldn’t have a problem showing you a few things.

I’m looking forward to getting into your position. I passed C and C+E the other week and my Mod 4 is next Wednesday.

I was also laid off around 3 moths ago. I can’t wait to get back to work I’m dying sat around most of the day with nothing to do.

EDIT: Take a look at this. Its an amazing little tool. I hadn’t seen it until today but I can say for my self I will most certainly be spending a lot of time on it :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71510

Congratulations on passing mate.

As said, most decent drivers will be more than happy to help you with anything you get stuck with.
Best thing to do is just have a word with the gaffer wherever you go and explain your new to it all and im sure they will help you.
When i first passed i went with agencies and i downloaded info on digi tachos and drivers hours rules and printed them all off and stuck them in the bottom of my bag just in case.

Good luck with it :sunglasses:

digi cards are prety easy to sus out pal if anythin there a lot better than paper tacho as it tells u exactly how long u been drivin n how much break u take etc but just everyone ese said just ask if your not sure buddy n good luck on the job front speakin of nerves i got n assesment at trafford park for stobarts tomorrow for or my first class 1 job ■■■■■■■ bricks lol anyone got any advice for me out there please would b much apreciated :open_mouth: