Need a bit of help?

Hi all im wondering if someone could help and clarify things for me .im wanting to do my lgv test next year but after looking at some training sites im a little confused .im trying to get my cat c [old class 2] but im not sure if i need to pass the cat c1 first.i passed my car test in oct 1997 so missed out on the old 7.5 ton licence entitlement .so do i need to pass the c1 first then the cat c test or can i just go for the cat c licence straight away…sorry if this question has been asked before

cheers rob

Welcome Rob

In short. You do not need to do your C1 before your C. You can go straight to C.

Dean

cheers for reply and clearing it up …thanks

Welcome :slight_smile:

Yeah straight to C mate, goodluck with it all :smiley:

interuk:
but im not sure if i need to pass the cat c1 first.

Hi interuk,

As already said above, you can go straight to a Cat “C” course and test, this is because Cat “C1” is a sub-category of Cat “C.”
Passing a Cat “C” test will automatically give you Cat “C1” entitlement.

I’ll add the usual warning of being cautious of ‘broker’ websites for booking your training.
You do NOT need to use a broker, because an LGV training school will offer the same service and give you all the advice and help you need at a far cheaper price. :wink:

Please read the ‘broker’ posts in our Newbies’ Forum, and I’ll hope I’ve managed to help save you some money on your training already. :smiley:
Also in the Newbies’ Forum, you can discover a list of LGV training providers who have been recommended by TNUK members.

Good luck with your course and driving test!! :smiley:

Hello!
I am new hear, wanted to ask you for an advice, I am planing to get my C and CE category, I just turned 21, I have done 2 years of continental work from Latvia to Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Slovakia, Estonia, Finland with 7.5 ton lorry, I would like to know, if i get C and CE drivers licence, plus do ADR training and Airport security, what are my chances of getting a job as a tramper or continental work?

I am really concerned about my age, because the country I come from(Latvia) the insurance policy is diferent and my age is not a problem.

Riho:
Hello!
I am new hear, wanted to ask you for an advice, I am planing to get my C and CE category, I just turned 21, I have done 2 years of continental work from Latvia to Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Slovakia, Estonia, Finland with 7.5 ton lorry, I would like to know, if i get C and CE drivers licence, plus do ADR training and Airport security, what are my chances of getting a job as a tramper or continental work?

I am really concerned about my age, because the country I come from(Latvia) the insurance policy is diferent and my age is not a problem.

Hi Riho,

I think you’ll probably be OK gaining your C and C+E driving licences, but I’m sorry to say that gaining your ADR in the UK will depend on you having a good command of English. From reading your post, your English looks OK, but there are a fair number of ‘technical’ words in an ADR course that you might find difficult. I’ve taught ADR for about 7 years, and I’ve taught ADR to quite a number of foreign people in that time. If you take an ADR course in the UK, you are allowed a dictionary/translator for use during the lessons, but I’m sorry to say that a dictionary/translator isn’t allowed during the ADR exams.

As for you actually getting a job in the UK so soon after passing your C ad C+E driving tests, it will probably depend on whereabouts in the UK you plan to live. Without that info, it would be difficult for anybody to offer you any advice on employment.

Well I live in Bristol, so I have no problems traveling 120 miles around Bristol, if it is tramping work.

Hiyyaaa Riho & welcome :smiley:

Hello Bonnie Lass. :smiley: