Class c passed, now what, please help

hello all, im new to this website, stumbled on it after reading an article in commercial motor about it, hoping some of you might be able to help me out.
passed my cat c in december of last year, best feeling of my life so far, just need some advice on what i should be doing now, part of me wants to look for a full time job, another part of me wants to join an agency and do casual work and mix and match my jobs with some local part time driving i have been offered, i am self employed at the minute offering a relief driving service for machinery, vans, 7.5 tonners etc, any advice would be welcome, not done anything with agencys before, i am from near lincoln if that helps any one. look forward to reading your replies

Welcome to the site and WELL DONE on your C pass :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There are lots of LGV drivers on here that are agency and some are in your area so keep checking this thread every so often for replies.

PS I hope that the 2806 is not your height in metric as you could find probs in fitting in some lorries :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

thanks for the reply, have read a few of the threads on the sight and you all seem a grand bunch who offer advice well.

bigmatt2806:
i am self employed at the minute offering a relief driving service for machinery, vans, 7.5 tonners etc, …

Hi bigmatt2806, it sounds like you’re a one person agency in your own right already. :smiley:

From what you’ve written, it looks like you just need some introductions to firms who run larger vehicles.
Joining an agency might be the easiest way to showcase your services, but you’d have to be very diplomatic in the the way you “acquire” your new customers. :open_mouth: :wink:
As a suggestion, I wouldn’t mention your other activities to any agency, just say that you’re looking for some part-time type work, then think of a good reason for doing so. :wink:
I’d guess that a few firms would be interested in the kind of service that you offer, because you’ll probably be cheaper than a normal agency due to overheads. There’s also the possibility that the firms who run the larger vehicles have greater expectations, so you might have to consider some form of extra insurance to satisfy any extra requirements they have.

BTW, congratulations on the test pass. :smiley:

In Lincoln so im told Protemp are the better agency to visit, but thats word of mouth never been through there doors myself. Lincolns not exactly thriving with any HGV work of either class so as a newbie it may be a case of getting what you can to get some experiance on your c/v. I know of an add thats still about for a class 2 job multi drop foods for a smaller firm. Says 2 years experiance but have you been driving a 7.5 for that long if so try using that as experiance blag your way you never know.