My new truck arrived my boss must have too much money

Well if it gets done up, it might be worth a bob or two.

Smith Bros at Widnes F88 went at auction on Saturday morning for £52k. God only knows how much he spent on it, but it looked pretty much like new.

Yer know what they should’ve done. A Ford Transcon with a twin splitter :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Malcolm, make sure he puts in a Big Cam ■■■■■■■■ and a twin splitter.
when its finished, give us a bell, and i`ll be there as its new driver…9some hope)…got tears in me eyes already…

Never had the pleasure of matching the come-apart with a twnsplit, buit I drove a GMC with a 300hp big-cam ■■■■■■■ and an 18 speed eaton-fuller roadranger. And I LOVED IT!!

malcolmj:
my boss informed me that my new truck had arrrived but it wont be on the road for a while as it wont pass its mot :laughing: :confused:

that looks like it’s a six wheeler … i had the pleasure of driving a transcon twice , i was only 21 and green as grass , truth be known it was to much for me at that time and i found it scary :open_mouth: it was worse due to it being a dutch spec left ■■■■■■ … far too much for a new driver to take in …

they were rare then , and i count myself lucky to have driven it…

brakes ■■? what brakes ■■ :open_mouth:

teatime:
Transconti wow ! now they were a flyer Heathrow~Prestwick~Heathrow~Prestwick and on and on and on , brill truck but drank the juice :smiley:

Electrics were a nightmare too, endless trouble.

Harry Monk:

teatime:
Transconti wow ! now they were a flyer Heathrow~Prestwick~Heathrow~Prestwick and on and on and on , brill truck but drank the juice :smiley:

and wheel studs kept snapping

wheel nutz:

Harry Monk:

teatime:

and wheel studs kept snapping

Oh yess one night had a sparky wire lights direct to the battery, via a switch taped to the dash to keep me going, never had the studs go though.

as an up date on the ford my boss has owned up to not owning it but only storing it :cry:
it belongs to stuart durant an OD who parks in the yard at weekends and i think hes bite off more than he can chew not touched it since april when it arrived in the warehouse