My New Job!!

Hi all,

So after passing my class 2 about 2 years ago i have done afew different bits of driving work, From driving horse boxes to a car transporter and a couple of one off trips Scotland - London, In total i probably only have about 5-6 months experience and its patchy as none of it was everyday steady work.

On Monday i applied to a large sottish transport firms advert for a forklift driver and thought maybe its a way in to getting some class 2 work at some point. I only have 3 years experience driving forklifts and about 6 in distribution. Since getting my class 2 i have applied to this firm a fair amount of times and not once heard a thing back but on Tuesday afternoon i get a call to ask if i was still looking and that they actually have a class 2 position with some forklift at a small depot working with palletways and pallex networks, do i want it?..eh hell yeah i do! :smiley:

So i went for an hours assessment yesterday morning in a 18 Merc with an independant assessor they employ, (was a bit nervous that i would be rusty, having not really driven for the last 8-9 months and may mess it up) but got back to the yard, a quick(but tight) reverse park between two rigids and he gives me the thumbs up. :smiley:

Start on Monday :smiley:

The closest i’ ve done to multi drop is 2 - 8 drops in a sprinter van afew years back which i know does’nt come close so im abit apprehensive about it.

Any productive/helpful tips or advice for class 2 multi dropping with palletways and similar would be a great help.

All new to me so i’m looking forward to this permanent job(at last) so any advice would be Much appreciated :slight_smile:

This i suppose is another example to all you newly qualified guys/gals that think it will never happen,DONT give up, If you want it, it will happen for you but only you can make it happen!!! :slight_smile:

good stuff, glad you’ve found something :smiley: :smiley:

nice one glad you found something long term , depends what you are delivering , food stuffs to cafes etc lot of hard work handballing up n down stairs back allies etc but if going to ind parks etc more than likley will just be fl off and bobs ya uncle ! ive done both an I know which i prefer also ind est much easier to find and manouver around lol

anyhows good luck hope it works out well for you

Jen x