First Class 2 Job!

Only 3 weeks since passing my Class 2, I have managed to get my first job. It is a multidrop job with Nigel Rice Transport at Thorne, it is local work within 20 miles of the depot and there will be some forklift work involved as well. But it is a Class 2 job all the same and it is a fulltime position. I saw the it on the jobcentre website 4.55pm on thursday, rang them up, emailed my CV, they called me 9.15am friday went over at 11.00am and they offered me it there and then!!! Start Monday morning!!!
I thought I would be ages getting regular work, but to all you newbies out there, the jobs are out there if you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

OVER THE MOON!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Matey

the early bird catches the worm as they say

over the moon for ya enjoy

Jennie x

Well done mate. I also passed my cat c roughly 3 weeks ago. Still bloody waiting to do my mod 4 cpc which is this week. I know how hard it can be to find work, spending the last week sending off c.v’s emailing companies and agencies. I’ve been invited to a few interviews which is a plus. Still need to send my licence off to get it updated which I can’t yet because I need to produce it for my mod 4. Did you have to do the mod 4? If so how hard was it? Congrats again on the jobfront and keep us posted on how it goes.

Fortunatley, I am of the older generation. I am 39, I passed my car test back in 1993 so i have grandfather rights so luckily I have managed to escape the intial CPC. So i can’t help you on that front i’m afraid. But keep persevering with the job hunt I am sure something will turn up. I think it helped me that I have been doing some 7.5 tonne work for the last couple of months experience with tacho etc. Most agencies I contacted wanted experience but there was a couple who said they should get me some work. Where abouts in the country are you? Have you got your digi card already?

well done on get a job mate best off luck with now

Nice one, good luck.

That great news, & well chuffed for you, good luck :smiley:

I’m just outside bath in Somerset. Yes I have Got my digi tacho so just need a lorry to put it in now. :laughing: I just missed out on the grandfather rights so gotta do the mod 4. I have applied at wisemans and I’m hoping something comes of that. Also the agency driver hire said as soon as I’ve done the mod 4 they will get me some weekend work as I already have a job. Had a few more application forms for local firms who take on new drivers. well done once again mate.

Well done & good luck with it hope it goes well for you

Chuffed for you mightyironman!

I passed December 8th but only got my licence back 3 days before Xmas so didn’t start looking for work until the New Year. A bloke who works at my local Esso who recognised me from around the village knew I’d just passed (when training we stopped for coffe breaks there each day) and he got chatting to one of the drivers who deliver the ■■■■,booze & choc to the garage. The driver said they were desperate for drivers, he let me know, I made a phone call & I start on Tuesday!

So yes, there ARE jobs for newbies out there. Yes, luck helps, but you can increase your luck by being persistant. Throw enough mud at the wall & some will eventually stick :wink:

Please let us know how your first day goes

The depot manager told me i would be having a couple of days with another driver, then i will be out on my own. Really looking forward to it. Good luck to you with your start. Its a great feeling isn’t it that someone is willing to give you you a go. I will let you all know how it goes, thanks to everyone for all the good luck messages.