My LGV/HGV opportunity

Mr Bridger:
Cheers gents, Up early and looking forward to today now, we’l see what happens.

Gents where :unamused: :unamused:

Please women as I am 1 or was last time I looked :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

Please women as I am 1 or was last time I looked :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Animal, I must apologize, I’m very sorry. :blush:

Second day went a bit better. First time out started a bit shaky again but ended a lot smoother. Second time out was better but still a few hiccups with the 4 over 4 gear box and not knowing the area so well.
The end of the day at least I have gone home with a smile on my face, could have been better but a lot better than yesterday. Getting there I think…hopefully :grimacing:

Mr Bridger:

animal:

Animal, I must apologize, I’m very sorry. :blush:

Second day went a bit better. First time out started a bit shaky again but ended a lot smoother. Second time out was better but still a few hiccups with the 4 over 4 gear box and not knowing the area so well.
The end of the day at least I have gone home with a smile on my face, could have been better but a lot better than yesterday. Getting there I think…hopefully :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: Np most people make that mistake tbh

Pleased you had a better day but we said so it does get easier as someone said " you don’t know how to do it yet " if you did you would not be sitting there learning

Sounds like you’re doing fine. Tomorrow is day 3 isn’t it? I and many others found this to hump day. You might find you make some silly mistakes. It doesn’t mean you’re getting worse or not making progress. I like to think of it as learning fatigue haha

Well day 3 flew past. After a shaky first 10 minutes not switching back to low ratio a couple of times, it all went pretty smooth after that. I’m a lot more relaxed with the gearbox but making sure I choose the correct lanes on and off roundabouts will be the challenge, still not being very knowledgeable of the area.
The gears are becoming natural now but I must remember to flip that switch back down :angry: it seemed to be coming together today, my instructor was chatting a lot about day to day things, which was nice because I knew I was doing better and didn’t need to be told so often. It was a pain sometimes as I only seemed to have a blip when I was listening to his stories, I didn’t want to be rude and ignore him :laughing:
Anyway, onto day 4 …a day of not forgetting the bloody switch.
Bigger smile today :smiley:

Sounds like your doing well. Most now run away from learning in a manual so you steps ahead. Have you got Robin or Lorri teaching you?

m_attt:
Sounds like your doing well. Most now run away from learning in a manual so you steps ahead. Have you got Robin or Lorri teaching you?

Jerry/Gerry …not sure how he spells it, Major in the Army, nice bloke. Lorri is there in the morning when I get there, very nice also.

Day 4 done. Still forget that switch but not so much now, twice on the first run and twice on the second, I’m sure it’s the chat in my ear, if I stay focused I think I’ll be ok.
As I was leaving today my instructor said to me “You can drive, don’t forget the switch and up your observation”
Big day tomorrow 08:45 test…Calm and focused.

I always found my instructor to be brill when it came to the chat. He knew exactly when I’d need to concentrate more and was quiet, was like a mind reader haha. The examiner will be the same. If you chat with them they will chat with you. Not too much obviously but they know when you will need that little bit of extra concentration.

Remember the switch and good luck for tomorrow! :smiley:

Failed :cry: Meeting with a bus on a street with cars either side. 7 minors apart from that, absolutely gutted.

Unlucky, it’s just one of those things. Don’t let it out you off booking your retest though. I felt completely down and dejected when I failed but I booked my retest straight away and the next day it just gave me something to focus on

Cheers Nick, next time around, fingers crossed.

Passed my class C today :smiley: with a company called J Coates. John my instructor was so much better than the previous one I had. Test was in Exeter this time, home soil was good for me, a lot more confident.
A good sleep tonight then celebrate at the weekend. Over the moon at the moment, going to enjoy it then will have to focus on the big one. :open_mouth:

Mr Bridger:
Passed my class C today :smiley: with a company called J Coates. John my instructor was so much better than the previous one I had. Test was in Exeter this time, home soil was good for me, a lot more confident.
A good sleep tonight then celebrate at the weekend. Over the moon at the moment, going to enjoy it then will have to focus on the big one. :open_mouth:

We’ll done! Feels great doesn’t it? :smiley:

Congrats pal! :smiley:
Best of luck with your C+E when it comes…

neil2402:
We’ll done! Feels great doesn’t it? :smiley:

It does, still buzzing now. :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Congrats pal! :smiley:
Best of luck with your C+E when it comes…

Cheers mate, soon I hope.

:smiley: :smiley:

Passed my C+E today, absolutely buzzing, great feeling.
Would like to thank everyone on this site for all the information and help, just reading various threads was great.
Off out tomorrow night for a celebratory Indian and a few Ciders.
Cheers.

Bloody marvelous! :smiley:

Now you’re a real bender, I mean trucker! :wink:

Congratulations mate