My first night run

My first night as a C+E was wicked!!! :smiley: , set off from sheffield at 6.30 and headed off to Aldi disty at darlington full with empty,s And my run buddy kev in a man, and me in me 55reg merc wi no radio at the min :cry: a very nice drive up got there at about 9 ish i think as i was still buzzing from the excitement, road works around the scotch corner was a mare!! 50mph and i get a twonk infront doing 40mph :imp: , once up there they guys were brill ,showing me the routine of where the emptys go and how to cram it all back in again wi your produce for the aldi store, we had to off load and reload ourselves :sunglasses: . after about 2 1/2 hours :laughing: we got done. had a quick cuppa then off again :smiley: .

No the next bit is what i beleave we are all trained for and when the say be aware of whats around you boy they are not wrong!! :open_mouth: .

10 mins into my return and i think it was junction 57 A1, just having a bite into a nice cheese buttie checking me mirros right side a boy racer fiesta at warp 9 would have made the star ship enterprise look like a noddy car!! :laughing: , Checked again 10 secs later i noticed headlights from a car swaying like mad he shot by me doing 70 ish he then lost control by hiting the central barraiers :open_mouth: spun out 20 yards in front of me!! on the brakes hazards on!! swerved onto the hard shoulder and missed the front end of what was left of a 2010 merc!! missed it by 3ft :open_mouth: , 3 mile further down the road i had to stop and compose myself but i was ok and the truck was ok ,(better still my load was fine! when i checked it off loading at the the store) :wink: but omfg what a first night!.
Got to my Aldi store in sheff at 3am and was done and home for 5.30.

So much enjoyed it and cant wait for tonight and for once im happy in my work and doing a job i enjoy to the full.

Did you report the incident to the police in regard to the car that spun out?

You will see many more idiots like that fair play to you for keeping your head and no damage to yourself or the truck so a good night glad to see someone else happy in they`re job someone once said to me truckers are born not taught if its in ya blood enjoy

jen x

Eating at the wheel :confused: Not the best idea surely :unamused:
Glad you survived the night tho :wink:
cheers mike

Made up it went well for you :sunglasses: Bet you before you started last night… that you wouldn’t have thought that you would be peeing your pants with excitement for the next night :smiley: :smiley:

Hi crew,

yes rog did report it as did 7 other peeps found out from other drivers that another driver wasnt so lucky on that night as he plowed into the merc :frowning: .

Yes last night my second night was almost the perfect run, apart that the day driver had not fueled up for me :imp: so this wasted valuable time , Kevin my run buddy was also late as his day driver was not tipped at derby then to top it off he ended up having his rear tyre loose its retread so put him well behind, so i was all alone :smiley: which gave me a huge boost.
once up there done and dusted and out on the road from darlington by 21.45pm tipped at sheff by 2am and back in bed snuggled up wi girly by 4am after having a brew :sunglasses:

steveig:
Hi crew,

yes rog did report it as did 7 other peeps found out from other drivers that another driver wasnt so lucky on that night as he plowed into the merc :frowning: .

Yes last night my second night was almost the perfect run, apart that the day driver had not fueled up for me
Don’t fill up for him! Simples!

:imp: so this wasted valuable time , Kevin my run buddy was also late as his day driver was not tipped at derby then to top it off he ended up having his rear tyre loose its retread so put him well behind, so i was all alone :smiley: which gave me a huge boost.
once up there done and dusted and out on the road from darlington by 21.45pm tipped at sheff by 2am and back in bed snuggled up wi girly by 4am after having a brew :sunglasses:

excellent, i cant wait for my first c+e run…but not getting anywhere with that, agencies giving the 2 fingers!