First run

Well guys I’m off out on my first run now.

Doing a 0400 start for Whitbreads in Salford.

If any of you see a litlle fat bloke in a bright purple volvo looking lost please show me the way!!

Diary to follow later!
:wink:

Good luck Super Dan :smiley:

Whitbreads ? sounds like hard work to me…

Hope you lived to tell the tale :slight_smile:

Well that was hard work but I’ve enjoyed myself as well!

Got there at 0400 and they where still sorting out my run so 'off you got to the canteen driver, the machines are on free vend 'til 0600 so grab a brew;!

Anyhow at 0500 The shunter came up with my keys and the floor plan of the back of my truck showed me around the truck and the controls, It is an '02 plate volvo FM9 with a funny automatic box.

So get my run sheets and i’m off, To SCARBOUGH! with 2 drops Hull with 3 Drops and then reload Christian salversons hull and return .

Gets to first drop on time and spends 50 minutes unloading two big pallets and handballing the lot to the back room of a pizza hut! Hard but fun and the totty working there wern’t that bad either

Just round the corner to second drop and just half a pallet for this one took 5 mins to unload and off to hull… Gets to ‘the drop’ just as my first 4 and half runs out so puts her on break and went to explore. The manager at this point comes out and asks me what i’m doing in her loading bay, so me being a smart [zb] says ‘dropping your food off’ she said we don’t have a delivery booked til Wednesday! Whoops rings the office 'sorry mate we’ve gave you the wrong directions you want the town centre! so off I went anyway much of the same ■■■■■■■ for the next three drops then made my way for my collection!

Anyway backs onto the bay first time! and they start loading me well then he asks me to raise the suspension■■? so I set about playing with the many buttons this truck had and eventually found it thanks to the driver next to me (which proves your point guys that you are a friendly bunch!)

Anyways gets collection and back to base !

All in all a very hard but enjoyable day the truck was a dream to drive and I don’t know how I’ve done without cruise control for all this time!

Sorry for the rant but I just had to! :wink:

Nice one!! Looks like there are a few ‘firsts’ today.

Hope it continues to be good for you,

Well done Dan nice start sounds like a good has been had by all.

good to hear yous are enjoying it long may it continue :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice read Dan and well done with your first
run :smiley: .