Muppet with a wobbly on ITV news tonight

ITV were covering the story about the new “voluntary” scheme for caravanners (wobbly’s) to only use lane 1
of the M5 and they did a couple of interviews on an MSA one said

“They should raise the speed limit for caravanners so we can overtake the HGV’s”

and the brains of the bunch came up with

“We take up no more room than an HGV and we pay more tax and use more petrol than they do”

I have only one thing to say:-

doh

The worrying part about that is that they may well believe it :confused:

So,e of these wobbly old fools have never seen a truck anyway.

Thats what they try to tell me when they pull out in front of me! Sorry mate, I didnt see you :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Thats what they try to tell me when they pull out in front of me! Sorry mate, I didnt see you :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t you know that all trucks are fitted with a cloaking device the only way they become visible is if you are in one with a GVW over 12,000kgs or if you are wearing a hi-viz vest :laughing:

I say sir I object! My lorry uses loads more petrol than your caravan!! :laughing: :laughing:
Seriously, I like caravans, honest guv!

Caravans should be disposed of in a gipsy like fashion :laughing:
I cant see em over taking me unless Im broke down :smiley:

As a keen caravaner, I would like to say…
That as always education is …
no, only kidding it was going to be another wind up, ‘big debate’ but I can’t do it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When I was back home, waasn’t the phrase.

“The only good caravan driver is an HGV driver on vacation”…■■?

I seem to remember that or at least close variations on it.

Stuart

north surrey haulage:
“We take up no more rppm than an HGV and we pay more tax and use more petrol than they do”

Well, since I don’t know of many LGVs that run on petrol, I think the second statement is probably true :sunglasses:

“We take up no more rppm than an HGV and we pay more tax and use more petrol than they do”

I thought that’s what the idiot said…i was goin to post up about it but wasn’t sure i had heard right as i was dozin off at the time…Maybe the guy would like to tax a truck in return for one of us to tax is car for twelve months!!! :laughing: :laughing:

SCANTHEMAN

If you to

“caravan lane M5,bristol”

thread you can follow the links on there to get to the caravanners site which I have posted a quetion on. :laughing:

scantheman:
Maybe the guy would like to tax a truck in return for one of us to tax is car for twelve months

Better not be then because mine for the truck is not much more than most cars so it wouldn’t be a good deal.

Trying to be serious for a moment, its the caravanners who cant be bothered to fit extended mirrors and who pack their towing vehicle to the hilt and then forget they are towing anything and weave in and out all over the place that get me fired up!!
roy…

“They should raise the speed limit for caravanners so we can overtake the HGV’s”
They can do 70 mph over here you can go quite a long way on the grass at that speed as one found out on fri night on hwy 2, unless he was testing his 4x4 :laughing:

There was a wrecked caravan on its side and an equally wrecked Volvo which had been pulling it on the M1 south at J38 on Saturday morning.

How I laughed :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Best thing for them.

You seem to meet 2 types of caravaners on the roads. The regular weekend gypsy, who has proper kit regularly maintianed and with a vehicle big enough to pull it and the even flash you in if you pass or signal if you flash them in. :smiley: Then you get the 2 weeks a year bunch, The caravan has not been touched since last year. The brakes are most likley in the process of ceasing, the tyres are perishing after being left flat until five minutes before they started thier journey and the light are doing wierd things becuase they are shorting out due to corrosion. (MOT’s for caravans maybe :laughing: )
The fiesta must be up to the job as its got a tow hitch and this is the first time they have been near motorway since last year. Then they get to the bar in the caravan park and boast how they drove for 8 hours non-stop becuase they are experienced drivers. :laughing:

north surrey haulage:
If you to

“caravan lane M5,bristol”

thread you can follow the links on there to get to the caravanners site which I have posted a quetion on. :laughing:

I just went back and had another look.

They seem more bothered about WD40 and printer cartridges than what’s happening on the road. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

They would sell their car and caravan and just about have enough change from the LGV VED for a year for a coffee!!!

I have nowt against caravaners. Its like all walks of life you have good and bad, as someone mentioned above you get hose who will flash you in , driving within their known limits then yo uget bansai nutter on a mission!

REPS, now thats my beef!!! :smiling_imp:

I had one pass me the other day. Was going up a hill unladen at 56, passing an old ERF chugging away, and god bless them 8 or so cars behind has to slow down whilst I passed…I will say I was going in excess of 10 mph faster than the ERF…then number four in the line as he came past in his 04 reg merc tooted his little horn. So I gave him a good old blast of DAF in his ear, and boy did he loose his teddies. he weaved and dodged, their were fingers going everywhere, the boy was on the verge of a heart attack. I was praying that around the bend there would be a stationary que, so as I could see how quick he would hit his central locking, or go into “I am not going to look left mode”, “if I dont look at him he wont see me mode”

reps, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nothing but marsh fodder

OK rant over lol