Moving

I’m moving down to Somerset (Westhay) in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone knew of the ‘better quality’ firms or agencys in the area. Shall probably start with the agencys until I find something perm. :slight_smile:

Local “good” firms, try Framptons or Peter Green. Bit furhter away are Stobbies at bridge water or Langdons at B/water and Taunton
Local “good” agency■■? most are the same. try Claire at Drive Force in North Petherton

Baileys employment services have work in Bridgewater area.The office is in Melksham,Wiltshire to sign up ask for Geoff Long.Have milk tanker and supermarket work from Oldford creamery,with Arla foods.Fuel costs to work is paid and free training.
And Friendberry driver training have ADR/CPC courses etc.You get 50% off course prices,if you live far away to qualify for the offer.Train before you move to Somerset.They offer reasonable accomodation in the area around Stugumber.

Best connection in Taunton weren’t too bad. Blue arrow have a place in Avonmount, right near where the work will be when it all picks up.

Thanks for your replies… I shall make myself busy chasing them up.

Keep an eye on wages from Baileys,they have annoying habit of money missing,hoping drivers dont check the pay recieipts,and then up to you to chase it,when wages missing.Overtime on milk tanker work is non existent.But interesting jobs in Devon farms,on gradients,on the farm entrance,that burns the clutch out,or tractor to pull loaded tankers up the hill in winter.Oakthorpe tanker depot in London,the bays are very small,with inches to spare,reversing on blind side,lot of damage can be done,and many shunts to get on the bay.Have to watch for implosion,not letting air out when sucking milk in or out,the tanker collapses from pressure,many tanks have diferent taps to open/close,and dont rely on the staff at the depot to do it for you.