Anyone from somerset

hi all as a noob im looking for any advice on companies and agencies in somerset as i have my test on the 31st and on the hope i pass will be looking or work and wanted to see if anyone on here is in the somerset region who could reccomend any one

Have you tried Sparks of Glastonbury?

i havent no. do they do rigids all ive ever seen is artics i think i know where they are (the same road as the hospital on left heading into town)

Which part of Somerset ?

If you’re near Bridgwater, Wisemans have a lot of rigids and If I remember right they take on newbies

Aye and their reet on the M5 been sometime since I’ve passed them.

hi i live in a tiny village called batcombe smack bang in between frome and shepton mallet would be right in thinking wisemans as in the trucks disguised as cows :laughing:

cbarnes:
hi i live in a tiny village called batcombe smack bang in between frome and shepton mallet would be right in thinking wisemans as in the trucks disguised as cows :laughing:

that’s the ones !!

wiseman-dairies.co.uk/contact-us/careers/

thanks i will give them a try thanks.
chris

had a look but no current jobs :cry: would be cool as i live on a working dairy farm to driving a cow :laughing:

What about Wincanton logistics? I believe their HQ is now at Chippenham Wilts.

ok i did think about them as i beleif they have an area at wincanton shared with gregorys im in hope i can get in with arla in frome who do the farm collections of milk as just been told they consider new drivers and have just taken on loads of new farms and will be takng on drivers

What about JR Hardings in Frome?

i do beleive they too only run artics not seen any rgids in their yards im going to give framptons a go in shepton

You could also try the Cider people at Sheppy or Uniq at Evercreech.

What happened to Govier’s, are they still going?

goviers is not one i have heard of i will pop into uniq as i know where they are as not to far from us. i have one question, we have georges of bruton 3 miles away who transport livestock, do you need any additional licences qualifications etc to haul livestock■■?

You should also try Langdons.

cbarnes:
had a look but no current jobs :cry: would be cool as i live on a working dairy farm to driving a cow :laughing:

it might be worth ringing the depot direct , they may not put all their jobs on the web !!

from their webpage

BRIDGWATER DAIRY/DEPOT

Tel 01278 661600 Dairy
Tel 01278 661700 Distribution

cbarnes:

Then you need to be talking to the bloke who collects the milk, delivers the feed or brings your bedding straw!

i have as it happens been talking to the arla driver who collects our milk thats how i found out they may be taking on drivers soon hopefully he going to put in a good word for me. :slight_smile: