Agency suggestions for Tewkesbury?

I’m moving to Tewkesbury in December and might have to go for agency work if theres nothing permanent thats right for me.

So, any suggestions or recommendations for decent agencies that pay well and treat you ok, who come up with jobs around Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Worcester?

Also worth sending me a PM if you can earn yourself a few quid with a referral fee :wink:

Same as most of us really. Need to be working as much as possible to earn plenty of magic beans.
Class 2 held since 2009 and experience with tippers, vacuum tankers, hook lift, chain lift, dust cart. Happy to do manual work as well as it helps to bump up my hours of work, on top of any driving time.
Other working history in highways maintenance and house removals.

Should not have to much trouble round Tewksbury area. Don’t know the agency’s there. But should be loads of direct work if u want it. William guilder seems to always be looking for drivers on vac tanks, there not far away. There are some other guilder brother haulage companys round there, one dose live stock i think.

Chill way dose frozen food, always looking for people, think creeds run a depo out of Tewksbury. A place called d.a.d runs electric goods round there. Should be loads of others on the Tewksbury buneess park just of m5.

jrt:
Should not have to much trouble round Tewksbury area. Don’t know the agency’s there. But should be loads of direct work if u want it. William guilder seems to always be looking for drivers on vac tanks, there not far away. There are some other guilder brother haulage companys round there, one dose live stock i think.

Chill way dose frozen food, always looking for people, think creeds run a depo out of Tewksbury. A place called d.a.d runs electric goods round there. Should be loads of others on the Tewksbury buneess park just of m5.

Nice one, cheers mate :slight_smile:

Just took a look at Wlliam Gilders and theres a job that could suit me with them. But then comes to the question of why they’re recruiting so often? I’m hoping its due to expansion! lol.
When i get chance i might go door knocking around the area and drop off some CV’s and see what opportunities that throws up.

Think guilders have been expanding as thay build there own wast dispose site not long ago and new offices as well. Proberly want more than there pound of flesh of the drivers too thow.

Chill way are always advertising but think it just not the work that the drivers like doing and quit low paid, althow thay state it’s not multi drop freezer work and is all to super market depos.

Think another hauler round Tewksbury is auther spriggs. Like a semi small famerly firm. Not sure if there hiring thow.

Yeah, i saw that chillway is a low paid job. And sounds like a fairly A to B days work so not much chance of non driving hours and/or overtime. Need to earn a bit extra as rent prices are quite high nowadays. I’ve been looking around the usual places like indeed, jobcentre, glosjobs. Then tried a search of all businesses on certain roads or estates, and looked for jobs on each companies websites.
I’m working down in south wales at the moment so don’t get much chance to see local names of firms to look up online and see if any jobs going with them.

Thanks once again mate. The suggestion of Arthur Spriggs led me to their website and looks like worth sending a cv to them. I’ve already been on William Gilders and applied for a job.

Just remembed Elliot’s agregets are in bishops cleve, not far from from tewsbury. Thay do tippers, skips etc. and I think cullimore tippers have a depo round that area. If that kind of work is wanted. Wincantons in cheltenham are looking for class 2 at the moment, not a million miles from Tewksbury.

Baldylux:
I’m moving to Tewkesbury in December and might have to go for agency work if theres nothing permanent thats right for me.

So, any suggestions or recommendations for decent agencies that pay well and treat you ok, who come up with jobs around Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Worcester?

Also worth sending me a PM if you can earn yourself a few quid with a referral fee :wink:

Same as most of us really. Need to be working as much as possible to earn plenty of magic beans.
Class 2 held since 2009 and experience with tippers, vacuum tankers, hook lift, chain lift, dust cart. Happy to do manual work as well as it helps to bump up my hours of work, on top of any driving time.
Other working history in highways maintenance and house removals.

Good base is Tewkesbury especially if you want to be away all week, Midlands or Bristol an easy hour drive away. Gloucester less then half hour away, happy days.

I just took a peek at those companies you suggested. Nothing on the site, but maybe worth contacting them to ask anyway. Also, i couldn’t find a job at Cheltenham on the Wincanton site?

The work i’ll do is anything class 2 tbh mate. I’m willing to be hands on with physical work along with driving, and also jobs that involve overnighters if needed. About the only job that turns me away is Cotteswold Dairy, because those unusual start times just wouldn’t work with me! lol.

Baldylux:
I just took a peek at those companies you suggested. Nothing on the site, but maybe worth contacting them to ask anyway. Also, i couldn’t find a job at Cheltenham on the Wincanton site?

The work i’ll do is anything class 2 tbh mate. I’m willing to be hands on with physical work along with driving, and also jobs that involve overnighters if needed. About the only job that turns me away is Cotteswold Dairy, because those unusual start times just wouldn’t work with me! lol.

I see Cotswold are always looking for people, thought there must be a reson, what are the start times and hours thay want people to work ? I’v never asked them there what the crack is.

Forrest concrete is another firm near there, heard there really busey, don’t know if there hireling thow.

jrt:
I see Cotswold are always looking for people, thought there must be a reson, what are the start times and hours thay want people to work ? I’v never asked them there what the crack is.

Starts are at midnight, and work until around 10am. I wouldn’t wouldn’t be able to have a decent sleep pattern or have any kind of social life. Those kind of start times just wouldn’t be for me. I’m quite happy with getting up around 5am for work, but 11pm? Thats sounds nuts! :laughing: