Motorway is free,why is parking private

How does that work if the road is free to use,bit parking is to be paid for?When you enter the MSA,it doesnt say you are now on private property,and subject to dragonian kidnapping by clampers.Thought the Government were bringing frequent and free rest areas,similar to France,(Aire de repos),rest areas every 15 to 20 miles,with limited services as a loo,phone box,picnic area.In France they have high pressure water jets,that you walk through to cool of in a fine water mist.Refreshing idea,would be banned here,elf "n"safety,risk of drowning,and ban goggles.Paying for HGV parking is catching on now in europe,Lyon has a choice of paying for a secure compound,and Barbeziuez,buy a 12 euro meal,get parking reduced,or buy in the shop.The place was full of trailer side box eaters,that didnt spend in the Routier,which means haulage in English,but a Rouitier in the UK,is a stuck up restaurant,with no space for trucks,and very expensive compared to France,and all HGVs are welcome,with value for money menus.

as we can see it works even very well , not for us unfortunatelly.

u have to park up
pay about 15- 20 a night.
free shower full of mushrooms (?) in it.
u can be hi jacked just few meteres of police station or having lovely “smile cuts” on Your curtain.
and that all is avilable just for your money or U can get it free on laybay.

now small calculation.

avg 30 lorries at night - 15 each = 450gbp x 30 nights =13500 each month
tax, rent and one gay to get money from you about max 5000
8,5k for the “owner”

funny there is no money for two guards at night or good cctv

I worked it out that for a nights parking we have contrubuted to paying for the land where you are parked up,and like a mortage,you could almost own that strip of wee smelling concrete over a years parking.

toby1234abc:
I worked it out that for a nights parking we have contrubuted to paying for the land where you are parked up,and like a mortage,you could almost own that strip of wee smelling concrete over a years parking.

I thought that the government owned the land and buildings and leased it to whoever the operator was at the time, so in reality youll have more than paid for your 60’ x 10’ strip of wee stained tarmac through your road tax , income tax etc etc, and then the service stations have the cheek to charge for parking,again :imp:

And a deep pot hole that has wee in it,been there cooking in the sun for weeks.It must turn to alcohol and ferment in to cider!!!

Well you can blame the big boys like Stobbart etc for parking charges, when Granaga/CP first wanted to start charging for parking, they went to the big players, and got them onboard with a deal where they pay a nominal amount per truck to park, and Eddie and co rolled over, hence the parking pass scheme, us smaller boys are expected to drop our trousers, and still pay full price.

Of course because its public land you can stick two fingers up to them and put your own regulations in the window of your vehicle.

WARNING

THE PARKING OF THIS VEHICLE IN THIS LOCATION DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN ITS DRIVER OR OWNER AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ANY PARKING REGULATIONS STIPULATED.
ANY DEVICE APPLIED TO THIS VEHICLE TO EFFECT ITS IMMOBILSATION, UPON FITTING BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF THE VEHICLE OWNER.
BY APPLYING ANY SUCH IMMOBILISATION DEVICES, THE ORIGINAL OWNER AGREES TO SURRENDER ALL RECOURSE TO ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE TO, OR LOSS OF THE DEVICE SHOULD IT BE REMOVED AND TAKEN AWAY, AND AGREES TO REIMBURSE THE VEHICLE OWNER FOR DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS FOR DELAYS INCURRED.

Big Joe:
Well you can blame the big boys like Stobbart etc for parking charges, when Granaga/CP first wanted to start charging for parking, they went to the big players, and got them onboard with a deal where they pay a nominal amount per truck to park, and Eddie and co rolled over, hence the parking pass scheme, us smaller boys are expected to drop our trousers, and still pay full price.

Have you got a link to that Granada story Joe?

Big Joe:
Of course because its public land you can stick two fingers up to them and put your own regulations in the window of your vehicle.

WARNING

THE PARKING OF THIS VEHICLE IN THIS LOCATION DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN ITS DRIVER OR OWNER AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ANY PARKING REGULATIONS STIPULATED.
ANY DEVICE APPLIED TO THIS VEHICLE TO EFFECT ITS IMMOBILSATION, UPON FITTING BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF THE VEHICLE OWNER.
BY APPLYING ANY SUCH IMMOBILISATION DEVICES, THE ORIGINAL OWNER AGREES TO SURRENDER ALL RECOURSE TO ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE TO, OR LOSS OF THE DEVICE SHOULD IT BE REMOVED AND TAKEN AWAY, AND AGREES TO REIMBURSE THE VEHICLE OWNER FOR DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS FOR DELAYS INCURRED.

So is there a leg to stand on in court if this is on your motor and someone clamps you.

Wheel Nut:

Big Joe:

Sorry, no link, I just remember there being a short lived rumpus about the scheme that soon blew over, after it was only £4 to park when charges kicked off ten years ago :unamused:

bighands:

Big Joe:

WARNING

So is there a leg to stand on in court if this is on your motor and someone clamps you.

If its council owned and overseen, you have’nt a leg to stand on, only local authoritys or the police can issue fines, but not a private individual or company. They can stipulate rules and regulations, but they’re not enforcable by law, hence why you can post your own in the vehicle window with your own conditions, they’re just as legal, and warn persons of the cosequences if they take action against you or your property, and like a pub landlord, if they don’t like it, all they can do is ask you to leave.

I’ve got all my info from the pepipoo site, theres loads of stuff posted about private parking companies and parking charge notice’s, and how to totally ignore the scarey letters they send as they’re worthless.

Big Joe:

Wheel Nut:

Big Joe:

Sorry, no link, I just remember there being a short lived rumpus about the scheme that soon blew over, after it was only £4 to park when charges kicked off ten years ago :unamused:

I’m not saying there was no parking deal like that, but i don’t remember it and i drove for Stobbies then.

Willi Betz used MSA`s to do the laundry,would see a washing line from the trailer to the fence,with 3 months worth of clothes hanging to dry on a weekly rest,those guys would sit for a week or more waiting for loads.

Big Joe:
If its council owned and overseen, you have’nt a leg to stand on, only local authoritys or the police can issue fines, but not a private individual or company. They can stipulate rules and regulations, but they’re not enforcable by law, hence why you can post your own in the vehicle window with your own conditions, they’re just as legal, and warn persons of the cosequences if they take action against you or your property, and like a pub landlord, if they don’t like it, all they can do is ask you to leave.

I’ve got all my info from the pepipoo site, theres loads of stuff posted about private parking companies and parking charge notice’s, and how to totally ignore the scarey letters they send as they’re worthless.

So is an MSA council owned, government owned or privately owned?

DaiDap:
So is an MSA council owned, goverment owned or privately owned?

• It’s my understanding (and please correct me if I am wrong) that all motorway services are in fact government owned and simply ‘let’ to the respective services operator. By law all motorway services must provide fuel and some sort of food (choc bar in garage suffices!) 24hrs a day, 365 days per year, so surely this would be unenforceable if the landlords of motorway services were indeed private?

Thats true,365,24 hour open.Law.

Ok listen up to this idea…

Will work best for the guys who drive plain colour motors with no signage etc.

Pull onto hard shoulder just before the entrance. (you heard a noise from wheel and thought best to stop there and then rather than drive in and poss cause damage) Quickly jump out with your fake plates in hand and your rapid style electric screwdriver, switch plates, pull off cardboard plate on Trl and then drive in and park.

Oh dear… you’ve been clamped!! Not to worry, get out the bolt cutters, cut off clamp drive out onto hard shoulder, refit proper plates and cardboard plate to trl and off you go.

How’s that then

If you get clamped by a private clamping company, you can cut it off or get it cut off. Nobody has ever been prosecuted for this.

toby1234abc:
Willi Betz used MSA`s to do the laundry,would see a washing line from the trailer to the fence,with 3 months worth of clothes hanging to dry on a weekly rest,those guys would sit for a week or more waiting for loads.

3 months worth of clothes?
3 vests
3 tracksuit bottoms
3 pairs gray socks (to be worn with company issue flipflops)
1 lidl carrier bag

Harry Monk:
If you get clamped by a private clamping company, you can cut it off or get it cut off. Nobody has ever been prosecuted for this.

Have you got a link to this info Harry, would love to read it :grimacing: