Petition for free HGV parking

Probably won’t make any difference but you never know.
petition.parliament.uk/petitions/127557

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try and put it in the main forum. I’ve only stumbled across it because I’m bored (and ■■■■■■■ :wink:

I’ve signed it, won’t hold my breath though.
The govt is fully aware of the parking problem, only thing is they don’t give a ■■■■.
As said it would fair better on the main forum rather than the Overnigbt parking one. :blush:
Try pm.ing one of the mods who will maybe move it for you.

This has been done before don’t think it even got off the printer.

I’m not a literary man, so I’d never type up some letter to anyone, but let’s look at it this way. These sodding 24hr supermarkets want to serve the world and his wife/dog/staff/bit on the side etc,

But they don’t want us having any kind of breaks on their RDC’s, after they’ve bent us over for a good few hours.

Well maybe they should have it forced into their planning applications that they have to shut down a certain amount of their car parking after say 7pm, until 7am for lorry parking.

Would it really change anyone’s life, other than ours? The 6 customers wouldn’t be arsed, the staff couldn’t care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you believe that your parking should be free, yes the msa, use it as a cash cow, but pay the extra £2-3, and get the full price, and the next one is " my Guv nor won’t pay parking, and says that’s what night out money for" night out money is for the driver as a recompense for being away from home, he also gets the vat back and tax, or tell him to get a snap account., or stop doing nights out, next they be wanting you to pay for tolls

This country takes the ■■■■ tbh, in the US it’s normal to be able to park overnight in Walmart (although iirc you should check with them first). Why shouldn’t you be allowed to sit in the corner of a huge, empty Asda car park? Probably all the scab drivers who lob ■■■■ into the bushes and ■■■■ on the floor…

a petition to remove hgv bans off industrial estates would be better suited

iomex:
This country takes the ■■■■ tbh, in the US it’s normal to be able to park overnight in Walmart (although iirc you should check with them first). Why shouldn’t you be allowed to sit in the corner of a huge, empty Asda car park? Probably all the scab drivers who lob [zb] into the bushes and ■■■■ on the floor…

We used to park in Asda Cribbs Causeway but hay ho drivers still ■■■■■■ and dumped in bags and left rubbish scattered, then you had drivers parking up at 11am and taking the p not tomention drivers that left the customer toilets in a state. Yeah go on park for free we’ll pick up the cost of cleaning up your mess I DONT THINK .

Needs putting on main forum,

Until truck parking becomes a national known problem, nothing will change until disgruntled of Tunbridge wells mentions it on Jeremy vine, or its on the one show.

biggriffin:
Needs putting on main forum

The petition closed 11 months ago so there’s no point in moving it :wink:

tachograph:

biggriffin:

Might as well lock this then as it was such a success :unamused:

tachograph:

biggriffin:

This is problem the parking question keeps getting dodged or forgotten even by us, so why not start another petition, maybe the advertisers on here, eg COMMERCIAL MOTOR or TRUCK N DRIVER, could start pushing this issue continually until it is picked up by the mainstream media, or even start something on social media.

biggriffin:

tachograph:

biggriffin:

This is problem the parking question keeps getting dodged or forgotten even by us, so why not start another petition, maybe the advertisers on here, eg COMMERCIAL MOTOR or TRUCK N DRIVER, could start pushing this issue continually until it is picked up by the mainstream media, or even start something on social media.

So if you owned a bit of land / hard standing / driveway and you had 2 options
1 let someone park there as and when they want or
2 charge them and make some money
Which one would you pick ?

Remember if you have a driveway at home would you be happy to let any Joe public park on it ?

Na didn’t think so

i know this thread is about free parking, i’m thinking more of parking problem in general, paid for or free or snap.