What a Rip Off!

I have just returned home (in Spain) from my first trip to the UK in some considerable time - long may it be before I ever have the misfortune of going again!!

How on earth can the motorway service stations charge so much money to park up for the night?? Quite honestly I am absolutely stunned - as well as being the best part of 110 euros worse off after having being there just 4 nights.

It did get me thinking though - as the UK is so up its own behind on health and safety, and the so called “duty of care” - maybe a class action could be brought by the transport industry / transport unions / drivers etc to the effect that motorway service operators are failing in their duty of care to motorway users by imposing prohibitive costs onto hgv drivers, thereby encouraging them to drive further or for longer than they either legally can or feel able to.

IT would be nice if this if some sort of action was taken unfortunatly
it requires a lot of investivgate questioning and a written report which when
finished could be brought before the EU council, perhaps the RHA;FTA;
or a some other group could carry this out,still this will never happen as
the drivers lobby is not strong enough.

Hombre:
It did get me thinking though - as the UK is so up its own behind on health and safety, and the so called “duty of care” - maybe a class action could be brought by the transport industry / transport unions / drivers etc to the effect that motorway service operators are failing in their duty of care to motorway users by imposing prohibitive costs onto hgv drivers, thereby encouraging them to drive further or for longer than they either legally can or feel able to.

it would mean people sticking together, sadly most just grumble and do nothing

Thing is, it is a bosses issue not a drivers one. Up to the bosses to sort it as they are the ones paying the charge.

Hombre:
How on earth can the motorway service stations charge so much money to park up for the night?? .

It’s called “The Law of Supply & Demand”

Beats me why people want to park on an MSA anyway. You’re never that far away from a truckstop of some sort or industrial estate.

In 16 yrs of, admittedly part-time driving, (but many nights out) i’ve stayed on an MSA once!

… and that was once too often.