Motorbikes

Wasn’t it the tls,that was a shonker…due to it’s peculiar rear suspension?
Tlr had a conventional setup.
EDIT
tlr had a similar set up

pete smith:

the maoster:
Excellent Pete, please do. I cut my racing teeth on two stroke Yams, firstly proddy racing at Croft on an RD400 then I had a dabble in the YAM LC series against the likes of Niall McKenzie, (whatever happened to him? :smiley: )

Here you go mate,
That’s my late Dad with the G50 which my Uncle raced and my Uncle with the Yam, he never raced that ,

Bloody he’ll Pierre, you kept that quiet…did you inherit them ? if so, I’d like to marry you and have your babies…if not, forget I said that…

As a nipper of thought I had the dogs bol locks with a 500 Gold Star engine in a Norton featherbed frame, then one day at the local coffee bar up pulls a lad on a G5O, it had no lights as it was a pure racing machine, so he had a torch on the front and back and if he got caught out after dark he’d ride between his mates…what we got away with in those days compared to today…

Fergie47:

pete smith:

the maoster:
Excellent Pete, please do. I cut my racing teeth on two stroke Yams, firstly proddy racing at Croft on an RD400 then I had a dabble in the YAM LC series against the likes of Niall McKenzie, (whatever happened to him? :smiley: )

Here you go mate,
That’s my late Dad with the G50 which my Uncle raced and my Uncle with the Yam, he never raced that ,

Bloody he’ll Pierre, you kept that quiet…did you inherit them ? if so, I’d like to marry you and have your babies…if not, forget I said that…

As a nipper of thought I had the dogs bol locks with a 500 Gold Star engine in a Norton featherbed frame, then one day at the local coffee bar up pulls a lad on a G5O, it had no lights as it was a pure racing machine, so he had a torch on the front and back and if he got caught out after dark he’d ride between his mates…what we got away with in those days compared to today…

Morning Dave,
Sadly all long gone, all his bikes went to an auction at Stafford Showground 15+ years ago, the G50 made £32K. It was supplied by Ray Cowles from Pontypridd in the late 60’s. Just that featherbed frame would be worth a good bit now Dave, Cheer’s Pete

Maoster,
The Honda he owned could have been an RC143, deffo a 125cc but we cannot find the photo of it or the catalogue of the auction it went to. He never raced the Jap bikes as he had chucked the towel in after coming off the G50 at Oulton Park in the early 70’s.

One race bike that has always fascinated me was the Honda 6 pot 250cc, was it practical? I think it was built and raced by Honda just to show us they could do it and of course they had a class works rider on it! Cheer’s Pete

6 pot Honda?
Have you got a shed in your garden?
youtu.be/ETvldkqeKgg
Warning Milyard videos ate addictive!

Franglais:
6 pot Honda?
Have you got a shed in your garden?
youtu.be/ETvldkqeKgg
Warning Milyard videos ate addictive!

I wish I had the original bike that Hailwood rode, what a pension plan!
I can remember reading an article years ago when they made the first replica and they highlighted lengths that Honda went to shave weight off the bike, also they had commented on the feedback that Hailwood had given them and acted on it, can you imagine the clowns at Norton listening to him?

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pete smith:

the maoster:

Here you go mate,

Morning Dave,
Sadly all long gone, all his bikes went to an auction at Stafford Showground 15+ years ago, the G50 made £17.25K. It was supplied by Ray Cowles from Pontypridd in the late 60’s. Just that featherbed frame would be worth a good bit now Dave, Cheer’s Pete

Making a mess of things this morning!
The G50 made £17.250 at the auction in 2007, a bit of history in the below link if it works!

bonhams.com/auctions/15320/lot/485/

Maoster,
Here is the Yamaha TZ 350B, pic taken in 2006 and it made £6,900 in the auction, a lot of bike there for the money! Apparently it had never been raced then either!

image.jpg

^^^ I thought that would fetch a lot more at the block Pete. Probably would nowadays though.

pete smith:
One race bike that has always fascinated me was the Honda 6 pot 250cc, was it practical? I think it was built and raced by Honda just to show us they could do it and of course they had a class works rider on it! Cheer’s Pete

One of my really good mates lives with the daughter of Stuart Graham (granddaughter of Sir Les Graham) and I’ve seen Stuart a few times doing parade laps on the Honda 6. Oh my God! The sound is like some kind of Banshee wail, stirring stuff.

the maoster:
^^^ I thought that would fetch a lot more at the block Pete. Probably would nowadays though.

And me really but it had no racing history I suppose and it is who is bidding on the day. Hard to keep a trace on those race bikes as to who owns them now as no reg numbers, the G50 lives in Burton on Trent so has only gone 28 miles in 40 years

the maoster:

pete smith:

One of my really good mates lives with the daughter of Stuart Graham (granddaughter of Sir Les Graham) and I’ve seen Stuart a few times doing parade laps on the Honda 6. Oh my God! The sound is like some kind of Banshee wail, stirring stuff.

I think that Honda 6 is one of most interesting works of art ever made, nice to look at never mind its performance and to make replica’s was a great move by George Beale, the replica’s are valued at £200K a piece so what price would an original fetch? As you can probably tell mate it is and has always been THAT bike that caught my eye and has fascinated me ever since.

My Uncle, who is 86 now, always comments that he has rode in the same races as Hailwood but the only difference was Hailwood was always in front and was a good looking git who always had the ladies round him!
A couple of pic’s of Mike Hailwood,

The prices now are frightening , was looking at Chris walkers who now has Ducati franchise , panigalee v4 ( think it was ) 25k , mrs said that red one there , more upright for you , that would be ok Street fighter , £15,995 , motorbikes were a cheap form of transport years ago , not now
Trying to remember what I paid for a Suzuki gs1000s in 1980 as a comparison , but can’t remember

I had a Honda MT 50 , Yamaha DT 125 liquid cooled, a Kenny Robert’s racing yellow and black colours YZ 350 Yamaha Power Valve System or YPVS liquid cooled two stroke engine, that I imported from Fort Lauderdale where I used to live, and a grey/blue Honda CBR 1000 , what a bike that was and heavy.
Always wanted the Suzuki 500 , Yamaha Tenere testicle slicer, and the Yamaha FZR Genesis 750 and the 1000 ,oh and the Yamaha RD 500 .

dozy:
The prices now are frightening , was looking at Chris walkers who now has Ducati franchise , panigalee v4 ( think it was ) 25k , mrs said that red one there , more upright for you , that would be ok Street fighter , £15,995 , motorbikes were a cheap form of transport years ago , not now
Trying to remember what I paid for a Suzuki gs1000s in 1980 as a comparison , but can’t remember

The fact that you can drop nearly £4k on a 125 now makes my head spin. When George White’s used to have the double page ad in MCN and the mags I’m sure an R6 was £4500 and the litre bikes change from £8k. The years since might have affected my memory though.

Last superbike I bought,was in 2003 for 8k.
The 600 I had previously was 6k…in 1999.

Nice rd
thought you might like this
sold my rg500 in pepsi colours several years ago to a mate of mine in germany for 7k
and he did this with it
stunning bike
Best square 4 ever made and swarbrick pipes
All of course with the help of stolen technology from mz THE 2 SRTOKE KINGS OF THE 60,S
probably now worth over 20k…who knew

a

a