Anyone know?

Why when motorists, car drivers.lorry drivers etc are driving on roads frequented by motorcyclists are we bombarded by signs stating THINK BIKE yet it’s always the bike thats going like a bat out of hell.
These signs are not commom on roads not frequented by bikers so are none bikers supposed to think for those who choose to ride motorbikes, should these signs not read BIKER THINK :question:
Just asking like :smiley:

I seen one the day - a van going onto a motorway he undertook the van using the hard shoulder :laughing: Thing is they all drive like they are formula 1 drivers doing 100 mph to overtake on singles. They do not factor in other road users experience or skill this is why they end up pan breed.

it’s because a sign saying “think of the children” is more expensive than a sign saying “think bike”.

I’m a biker. Think of me. BUT I want you to think of the children first, because I care. :smiley:

i’m a biker too and know what you mean. A bit like a road sign i saw in LA which said something along the lines of be aware of DUI’s. Do prefer the British version of don’t drink and drive to be honest…

But in this case bikers may use this road and some (never me of course) may interpret the speed limits differently but in many cases many drivers only look at junctions or in their mirrors for something the size of a car or bigger. Then pull out in front of bikes at junctions or even to overtake when a bike is already overtaking them etc…

Some bikers are prats but i’ve had a few near misses myself due to people not looking. Luckily i’ve always tried to anticipate them doing something (like a car cutting me up in the truck) and never had too much of a problem.

It’s the same as those signs warning you of wildlife crossing, judging by the amount of carcasses I see and the deer I’ve hit in the last couple of years they should really rethink those signs. Maybe putting a picture of a lorry on them and turning them round so that they’re facing the verge for the deer etc to see would be a better idea :bulb: :laughing:

@l()w:
i’m a biker too and know what you mean. A bit like a road sign i saw in LA which said something along the lines of be aware of DUI’s. Do prefer the British version of don’t drink and drive to be honest…

But in this case bikers may use this road and some (never me of course) may interpret the speed limits differently but in many cases many drivers only look at junctions or in their mirrors for something the size of a car or bigger. Then pull out in front of bikes at junctions or even to overtake when a bike is already overtaking them etc…

Some bikers are prats but i’ve had a few near misses myself due to people not looking. Luckily i’ve always tried to anticipate them doing something (like a car cutting me up in the truck) and never had too much of a problem.

Agreed. Some bikers are prats, and I’ve done prattish things myself on a bike. I find it similar to driving a truck, in that you have to drive for everybody else.

I think we’re the most vulnerable road users (cue outcry from everybody else) so why not give people’s memory a heads up, it can’t be a bad thing.

After all, how many times have you had someone look you in the eyes and pull out in front of you? I’ve stopped counting… :frowning:

newmercman:
It’s the same as those signs warning you of wildlife crossing, judging by the amount of carcasses I see and the deer I’ve hit in the last couple of years they should really rethink those signs. Maybe putting a picture of a lorry on them and turning them round so that they’re facing the verge for the deer etc to see would be a better idea :bulb: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: