Morissons Wakefield Advice Please

Can Anybody tell me directions into the joint with a container…I know the way to the 41 Industrial estate I just wondered which entrance container deliveries used and any other info that might help Wipe your shoes wear your vest that kind of thing…I aint got much time to argue with the morrisons taliban men tomoro so anything that will save me a bit of time would be great :laughing:

Phone in sick :laughing:

newmercman:
Phone in sick :laughing:

Thanks for that gem me old ■■■■ sparrow boy :smiling_imp:

Best advice I got for you mate, never had the misfortune to do Wakefield myself, but did try & I emphasise TRY to deliver to one of their places somewhere near Crewe with a Container, lazy good for nothings didn’t want to handball whatever was in it so I ended up having a 9 in the waiting area & taking it back to Tilbury, not just Morrisons though, Asda at Caldicot take 8hrs to tip a 20’ full of tinned tomatoes :unamused: If it don’t come through the gates on a nice blue pallet they don’t know what to do :cry:

depends on what you have on.

if its a 40ft its beer then you go in the normal gate of the roundabout if its a 20ft i always went to the grandstand opposite coke.

jessicas dad:
depends on what you have on.

if its a 40ft its beer then you go in the normal gate of the roundabout if its a 20ft i always went to the grandstand opposite coke.

JD don’t know whats in it mate its a 20 foot container though

When delivering containers to Morrisons at Wakefield I used to go to both sites with both 20’ & 40 footers. If I remember correctly (which isn’t often :slight_smile: )the grandstand site was when I was loaded with beer/wine/spirits and the main site for baked beans and such foodstuffs.

well if you have got it out of frightliner it should say on the ticket.

i think looking back it just said morrisons j41 if it was going to the main warehouse which as you go into the estate first roundabout turn right, if it says grandstand carry on over the roundabout round the bend and the gate comes up on the right opposite coke.

saying that i used to take 20’s into the main one as well… carrots tinned.

20’s to grandstand … wine.

40’s to main either beer or garden furniture.

if you go to the grandstand there is a great yard marshall there who’s calls everyone “my mate” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only advice I can give is be prepared to wait. Been a few times and had a long wait to tip.

Make sure you’ve got plenty to read and your fridge is fully stocked, also if there is queue on the road, park up and walk around to the gatehouse to book in. But make sure you do not park on the corner by the police garage (the cops can get cross) Polestar’s Gate 3 (you have to reverse in and it’s no fun when there trucks parked opposite) and the bakery (their trucks are trying to get out).

Good luck!

howatsi:
Make sure you’ve got plenty to read and your fridge is fully stocked, also if there is queue on the road, park up and walk around to the gatehouse to book in. But make sure you do not park on the corner by the police garage (the cops can get cross) Polestar’s Gate 3 (you have to reverse in and it’s no fun when there trucks parked opposite) and the bakery (their trucks are trying to get out).

Good luck!

Thanks for all the info folks …Got there this morning at 0800 with a 20 foot box got back out at 1300 …Not so bad really because that was me finished for the day a total of 1.5 hrs driving in a 8 hour shift :laughing: :laughing:

By the way it was loaded with small tins of tomatos on cardboard trays from front to back top to bottom :laughing: :laughing: .

Gave me time to sort mi truck out make it home from home have a breakfast and and an hour and halfs kip… :laughing:

been in there before with tauts but never boxes learning all the time in this job eh :wink: :wink:

thecoder0:
Gave me time to sort mi truck out make it home from home have a breakfast and and an hour and halfs kip… :laughing:

been in there before with tauts but never boxes learning all the time in this job eh :wink: :wink:

Keep it to yourself m8 or we’ll have 'em all on the boxes :wink:

Quote: Gave me time to sort mi truck out make it home from home have a breakfast and and an hour and halfs kip…

You were allowed into the Morrisons canteen? I thought that they had stopped outside drivers from going in there, shame really as they used to do good cheap scran.

thecoder0:
I aint got much time to argue with the morrisons taliban men tomoro so anything that will save me a bit of time would be great :laughing:

LOL!!! I reckon you’re getting to the point where you are about to throttle someone Dave !!!