Morrisons Wakefield Jtm 41. GATE 2

Hi,
Just wondering where gate 2 is located. Have a 1200 booking tomorrow and all.i see on Google maps is a massive queue.
What are they like for booking times and does one just join the queue and hope?
Thanks

Only one way in and one way out AFAIK. J41 take A650 at first roundabout turn left at next roundabout into estate turn right into Stephenson way follow it to bottom and round the corner and you’ll see the entrance gates in front of you. Turn left and head for the out gate if ambient and just after the building turn left into ambient goods in.

Once you have parked in the holding area go and book in at the goods in window in far left corner looking at canopy. They will call you in order by fork truck drivers flashing lights at you to get your attention or just ask which vehicle you are next after at goods in.

Usually spend 2 to 3 hours at least there to get tipped and get paperwork back.

No bays to unload fork truck off the back doors, some of our days guys say they get to go on a bay the opposite side of the canteen but others say no its all under the canopy.

If its very busy they queue along the roadway and you just join the queue there and keep moving a bit until you can eventually get parked in the holding area.

Booking times don’t seem to matter as with most places, the sooner you get in the queue if there is one the sooner you will likely be out of there.

It is pretty ridiculous tbh they have no bays certainly on nights for boxes, and how busy it gets sometimes and a lack of parking for vehicles.

Thanks Simcor…Simon. appreciated. Only have 1 pallet of same product so hears hoping lol

topdog1606:
Thanks Simcor…Simon. appreciated. Only have 1 pallet of same product so hears hoping lol

You can but hope. Might be worth mentioning as soon as you can to goods in you only only have 1 pallet for them, you never know they just might whip it off the back doors without you having to go under the canopy.

If it’s ambient and they’re busy you’ll get given a card with a number on. You then just go into any empty bay under the canopy when the number before yours has left.

Just a quick tip, when turning left off the main road through the site into ambient or parking up on that road out of ambient to get your paperwork don’t be a twunt like some are and park opposite a lorry in the opposite direction so nobody can get out as some are drop and go and don’t need to collect delivery notes so all you do is prevent them from being able to leave, someone to get on the bay and just bring the whole lot to a grinding halt.

If it’s queuing up the main road expect to be 3hrs.

I was at swan valley for 6 hours on Monday night.

The last 3 times I’ve been there I’ve gone on a bay in yard on left before the one mentioned above , lot easier

I always go on a bay.

Still takes them 5/6 hours

So if I arrive at say 1000 for 1200 bookng with 1 pallet, they aint gonna be bothered about that?

It’s worth a try.

dozy:
The last 3 times I’ve been there I’ve gone on a bay in yard on left before the one mentioned above , lot easier

It isn’t a pick and choose thing though is it, depends what you have got on. If you have 30 plastic pallets on you will get a bay if you have 26 cheps on you will likely get side tipped under the canopy.

topdog1606:
So if I arrive at say 1000 for 1200 bookng with 1 pallet, they aint gonna be bothered about that?

They usually adhere to half hour either side of your booking

All good and done. Thanks for the help.
Sneaked into queue at 1030 and was 1230 by time I left all for 1 pallet.
Love the way that there is absolutely no instructions on site as to what to do or where to go.

topdog1606:
Love the way that there is absolutely no instructions on site as to what to do or where to go.

Yup it’s a fabulous site for when you haven’t been there before. No instruction of what to do or where to go at all. The only place I ever want to go when I get there is back out the exit gates [emoji23]

topdog1606:

Gatehouse are very helpful though if you tell them you’ve never been before.

Conor:

topdog1606:

That’s always worked for me over here.

Conor:

topdog1606:

Went last week and the gatehouse bod at the ambient gate had been done away with, sign saying it’s now unmanned.

Don’t know whether that was permanent, but inevitable delays whilst unfamiliar drivers scratched their heads trying to figure out which order number off the paperwork to key into the touchpad (which hardly ever works). Few signs sellotaped to the gatehouse window saying where to go, but you can’t make them out from your cab.

topdog1606:

That’s Morrisons depots for you.

I once sat at Stockton on Tee’s for 3 hours a week before Christmas waiting for a chilled goods in bay unaware it was just a case of of speak to other drivers and figure out who is next in the queue.

Arrived, went into goods in office, handed in paperwork. Guy said park up opposite while we wait for a bay and that was it. I took that to mean I’d be notified when they had one. It was only when the shunter came over and said “you’ve been here ages” and told me the procedure that it’s just a free for all.