more taxes?

i heard on the radio that there are plans to add a £10 tax on domestic flights.

then they said the government want to tax freight carried by road too

can someone take a picture of that little disc thing under the o licence in the truck and send it to westminster. they appear to have forgotten about road tax which is a tax on freight carried by road hence the boss pays far more to tax a truck than we pay to tax our cars :confused:

scanny your an agencey man thro n thro your never in the same wagon twice you take the premium rates you have no allegiance except to yourself never met you but can guess :question: still finding youre way about :question: its only the muppets that work for a company that bear the cost of fuel duty /insurance/roadtax because its our pay rise it comes out off how does roadtax concern you :smiley:

thats easy. i dont like seeing any (legit) company going bust. i would rather see the money going to full time drivers than to the government. of course, that will never happen (look at pollocks) but at the end of the day, i am loyal to drivers

pollocks been there done that £3 an hour at the time time n a third on a sunday have you worked for all flash nae cash :question:

I pay £195 to tax my LR Discovery.

My boss pays £ 165 to tax a 4 axle 28 ton artic even though we run with a two axle unit and tri axle trailer ( but still under 28 tons).

Wish I could tax my car for that !

Get a proper Landy then…My 1967 Series 2a costs me the grand total of £150 to insure - fully comp with two drivers, one of whom has points coming out of his ears - and NIL to tax… :wink:

(Costs me a fiver just to start it up though… :blush: )

Considered one but wanted a bit more than a tin box with cushions :laughing:

scania245:
pollocks been there done that £3 an hour at the time time n a third on a sunday have you worked for all flash nae cash :question:

i havent but i have spoken to drivers with tales of pollocks

Lucy:
Get a proper Landy then…My 1967 Series 2a costs me the grand total of £150 to insure - fully comp with two drivers, one of whom has points coming out of his ears - and NIL to tax… :wink:

(Costs me a fiver just to start it up though… :blush: )

If it wants to start and even if if does will the cart sprung box carry on :laughing: :laughing:

:wink:

scanny77:

scania245:

i havent but i have spoken to drivers with tales of pollocks

im working for them tomorrow. should be interesting. i need to be finished by 5 to start my shift on friday morning. lets see how they respond to that. i dont want to work for them so i will be Mr attitude tomorrow. my level of service depends on who im working for. if i dont like them, they get the basics and no more