montgomery transport

hi guys, i was asked to post this by a friend he was asking whether the mentioned company hire drivers for double manned trips to europe, and outbase drivers?

It’s been a while since I worked for Monty but i still bump into the odd driver and things haven’t changed that much. There work is general freight, fridges and tanks either UK-ireland or UK-europe.

For the general freight they have depots at preston and toddington. They will also outbase units at various points throughout the country, usually working out of the ports, but it’s designated by them and not a take the truck home set-up.They also have a habit of shuffling things around to suit the work.

From a work point of view of it is trailers dropped at ports and shipped unaccompanied. They do send a few driver accompanied loads but most of the euro side is done with subbies from the french ports.

As for the fridges I’ve yet to see one with Monty’s own unit on the front and most are pulled by irish subbies.

I never had anything to do with the tank side but most were irish drivers at the time.

A few years ago I saw a few polish registered units in Monty’s colours but haven’t seen one for ages so don’t know if that worked out or not.

Hope this helps but the best advice as always is to talk to a few drivers or if you have an idea ring the office at preston.
Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
It’s been a while since I worked for Monty but i still bump into the odd driver and things haven’t changed that much. There work is general freight, fridges and tanks either UK-ireland or UK-europe.

For the general freight they have depots at preston and toddington. They will also outbase units at various points throughout the country, usually working out of the ports, but it’s designated by them and not a take the truck home set-up.They also have a habit of shuffling things around to suit the work.

From a work point of view of it is trailers dropped at ports and shipped unaccompanied. They do send a few driver accompanied loads but most of the euro side is done with subbies from the french ports.

As for the fridges I’ve yet to see one with Monty’s own unit on the front and most are pulled by irish subbies.

I never had anything to do with the tank side but most were irish drivers at the time.

A few years ago I saw a few polish registered units in Monty’s colours but haven’t seen one for ages so don’t know if that worked out or not.

Hope this helps but the best advice as always is to talk to a few drivers or if you have an idea ring the office at preston.
Cheers
Neilf

thaks mate i actually phoned up preston for him and he got no chance