montgomery transport

was asked to post this by a friend, he wanted to know if the mentioned company did double manning to europe? and are they hiring,
ive also posted on euro forum cheers

dustylfc:
was asked to post this by a friend, he wanted to know if the mentioned company did double manning to europe? and are they hiring,
ive also posted on euro forum cheers

Tell you mate it would be best to phone the preston depot and have a chat with someone in the traffic office that would be his best bet or phone one of the irish depots. Hope this helps

yer mate thats what i told him, but i said i would post here any info would help, i think he is a bit shy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they do double man certain jobs. speak to a depot for info.

the reason he wants to no is he fancy’s doing european work but wants to double man so he can gain the knowledge, he held class1 4 two years i think so am not sure they wud take him on to go solo, any info of th e company wud be good i will pass it on then he can be a big boy and phone

NO they would not even consider a driver for 2 years for Euro work double manned or not, the reason I can say this is because I work for them and we have to be there for a while to even get tramping work ie 2 years or so. Euro work is like dead mans shoes if you get me. Apart from that there is work but not sure they’re taking on at the mo the BEST way would be to go down and speak to T/O or Jimmy Foster T/M but deffo no euro work on for you’re pal he will have to prove himself for a long time first and the work is stacked on if you understand me. Good Luck though…

Mad dan:
NO they would not even consider a driver for 2 years for Euro work double manned or not, the reason I can say this is because I work for them and we have to be there for a while to even get tramping work ie 2 years or so. Euro work is like dead mans shoes if you get me. Apart from that there is work but not sure they’re taking on at the mo the BEST way would be to go down and speak to T/O or Jimmy Foster T/M but deffo no euro work on for you’re pal he will have to prove himself for a long time first and the work is stacked on if you understand me. Good Luck though…

just as i thought, ive found out why he was asking apparently he has been listening to the odd monty driver and they must of convinced him otherwise , they did give him jim foster number so ill leave it to him to sort, thanks for info m8 , out of interest what r they like to work 4 , and do they have outbase drivers i see them all the time at birkenhead docks , would be handy even 4 me i live 5mins away

pls see PM

Mad dan:
pls see PM

nothink came through dan