Money

How much money do you carry for the week :question:

Il be honest I don’t carry any. One reason at the moment I don’t have any spare and reason 2 it’s stops me buying crap. I take a flask of coffee and something for my lunch that’s it, I do have my cash card for an emergency but never really need it.

When I used to be away all the time I used to carry £30 and did for 10 years pmsl when I first starting on the lorries 13 years ago it was £30 and still would be today.

jessicas dad:
When I used to be away all the time I used to carry £30 and did for 10 years pmsl when I first starting on the lorries 13 years ago it was £30 and still would be today.

OK, that would be one night parking, what about the rest of the week :open_mouth:

As I’m a day driver, I carry up to £10 per day, for the simple reason I don’t like to carry sandwiches in a box, because unless you have a truck with a fridge/coolbox, they go rank after a few hours, so I prefer to buy fresh, and as I’m usually passing an Asda or Morrisons etc, you can get a meal deal for around a fiver.

Alex’s real reason he doesn’t carry any is because he’s a tight wad. :laughing:

Ken.

When i was young single and daft i used to fetch £50 to work each week and spend it all on rubbish. Now i usually have about a fiver in change, have 4 or 5 nights out and take most of it home! Have card on me but get well stocked up at the weekend so don’t really need to buy owt

Nothing. Don’t carry any cash at all. Its the days of the debit card so there’s no need.

Just a handful of loose change for the German rotating robo-toilets.

Start off with £10 then no more allowed ( not even out of bank )

But that is me as need to be as no spare cash

I rarely do nights out but our company do give us a slush fund of £100 for paying parking, tolls etc but I only carry about half of that so if I loose it It’s not a disaster and if get caught on a night out I got plenty to get by with, also its technically not my money to squander on crap, I also carry my debit card but have never used it yet whilst working.

usually take a tenner for the week & it usually get spent on extortionate meal deals in the garage :unamused: other than thati use a card if i have too , nights out are usually spent on farms , industrial estates or in mill yards , i’m not paying for services when i’m no more secure there than in a layby

Christ I wont go out of the house with less than 50 quid and I used to carry at least £200 in the lorry plus a debit/credit card,

■■■■ are over £7, what good is a tenner? :stuck_out_tongue:

i carry £30 in the truck for parking, tolls, prossers etc, and £20 pocket money from my wife for the week. The £30 gets replenished when i get my expenses at the end of the week and any extra gets put in the piggy bank by the side of my bed at home and goes towards spending money on my hols. I try not to park in services because they’re too expensive and i like to sleep where it’s quiet!

As the OP stated…None, cos’ I have no spare. We live hand to mouth each month and have nothing left to ■■■■ up the wall.

Normally have abuot 30 quid in cash with me plus debit/credit card so I can squander my money on crap I don’t really need

switchlogic:
Nothing. Don’t carry any cash at all. Its the days of the debit card so there’s no need.

This^, or almost this.

Very rarely have more than loose change and a few quid in cash on me. No need when everywhere takes debit cards or you can pay by mobile phone.

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

This^, or almost this.

Very rarely have more than loose change and a few quid in cash on me. No need when everywhere takes debit cards or you can pay by mobile phone.

Spoken like a true Scotsman

£10 in wallet for dartford crossing just incase dart doesnt work,and a couple of pounds in change for a cup of tea,bar chocolate cake etc

kr79:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

This^, or almost this.

Spoken like a true Scotsman

Nothing to do with race, I spend it like it’s going out of fashion, just no need in this day and age to carry actual cash. My monthly statement runs to several pages long as there will be numerous transactions of less than £5 - £10 for daily odds and ends mixed in with all the big gadget habit purchases and the boring stuff like rent and electricty.

I only do one or two nights out a week, so whatever expenses I get on a Friday from the office stays in my pocket for the next week ie £25 or £50 depending

Start the week with around £50 in the wallet, get paid my expenses on a Monday so that can rise by £10-£20. Then thats me for the weeek, sometimes I dont spend owt and other times ive been the chippy or sampled a few vessels after work.
Gone are the days when I used to ‘trade’ and always had a minimum of a grand in my pocket, you just never knew what was gonna come up for sale at a very good price.

B1 GGK:
Start the week with around £50 in the wallet, get paid my expenses on a Monday so that can rise by £10-£20. Then thats me for the weeek, sometimes I dont spend owt and other times ive been the chippy or sampled a few vessels after work.
Gone are the days when I used to ‘trade’ and always had a minimum of a grand in my pocket, you just never knew what was gonna come up for sale at a very good price.

If you were on continental work and were bringing back tobacco and drink you never had less than 2 grand in your pocket - them scanners were a real killer .