How much?

I’ve just had my tolls and parking money back for last week and it set me wondering.

Without prying how much do you blokes take away with you for a week?

For me it’s between 100-150 based on a standard Sunday - Friday week. I try not to park in MSAs and tend to eat at snack vans and the like. Firm pay all tolls and parking back at the end of the week cash but I wondered if there’s a way to make it cheaper without taking a spare trailer load of food with me

The Mrs makes me 4 meals to take away with me each week and few sarnies for during the day costs me next to nothing

It’s not something I give a lot of thought to really TT. I always ensure I’ve got change for coffee machines but other than that I just use a hole in the wall as and when required.

the maoster:
It’s not something I give a lot of thought to really TT. I always ensure I’ve got change for coffee machines but other than that I just use a hole in the wall as and when required.

Do you not find that finding a cash machine is a balls ache?

Tipper Tom:

the maoster:

Do you not find that finding a cash machine is a balls ache?

Finding a “free” one can sometimes be a pain. The flip side being if I don’t have it I can’t spend it. :smiley:

Bare minimum I take cereal for the duration ,a few tins of stew etc the good lady wife cooks me some meat chopped up to cook in stew’s ,soups etc and some potatoes and other veg enough fruit for however long , never eat at snack wagons , try not eat at truck stops as you don’t know what’s in it , carry about a ton in the wallet , I’m not tight but try to make on a night out and not spend " every little helps" as the advert says.

I don’t use cash. I use my debit card to pay for everything. Find it’s the cheapest way

I done do nights out but take 20 quid in cash out on a monday incase i stop anywhere that dont take cash but find i now spend a lot less during the week when i used to take a chunk of cash with me

Maybe I’m wandering a little off topic here, but eight years ago when I worked for Beldray housewares I used to do whole weeks away touring all around Scotland. I used to do maybe 1 500 miles over the week and the company used to give me £200 in an envelope to pay for diesel. £200 for a week’s worth of diesel! Now I put twice that in the tank every single night …

switchlogic:
I don’t use cash. I use my debit card to pay for everything. Find it’s the cheapest way

I think I might start doing this as it might cut down on the kebabs and burgers x

Omelette and beans for breakfast ,meat for tea,never ever stop at vans,just good cafes ,free showers ,try and park for free too,and I only carry brewing up kit and cash.

this weeks provisions are…
one box of shredded wheat
1 loaf
1 packet of ham
1 tub of dairylea
1 tub of coleslaw
leftover tuna and sweetcorn from my Monday sandwhiches(made on sunday night)
2 pints of milk
5 little bottles of premium orange juice
1 packet of biscuits
1 packet of cakes
5 packets of crisps
I box of cup a soup
evening meal will be anything I fancy…thrown in with the price of the parking ticket.

I also keep an emergency provisions box in the side locker,which contains…

2 tins of tuna
2 tubs of dolmio sauce
1 packet of dried pasta
2 pot noodles
1 tin of hot dog sausages.
2 tins of soup
my emergency box is strictly for emergencies only,and is seldom troubled.

tea bags,coffee and a large tub of water…and that`s yer lot.

if Im near a proven food outlet Ill use it,but I don`t waste the stuff I take with me.

Tipper Tom:
I’ve just had my tolls and parking money back for last week and it set me wondering.

Without prying how much do you blokes take away with you for a week?

For me it’s between 100-150 based on a standard Sunday - Friday week. I try not to park in MSAs and tend to eat at snack vans and the like. Firm pay all tolls and parking back at the end of the week cash but I wondered if there’s a way to make it cheaper without taking a spare trailer load of food with me

i carry that much on me whether i am at work or not. I don’t pay by card if i can pay by cash and i don’t trust banks or cashpoints to not give me money when want it so i always keep some handy

OP asks how much running money do you carry. In response we get lists of provisions carried :open_mouth:

Never heard of owt being cheaper if paid by debit card rather than cash. I think perhaps that respondent meant he is not as likely to be frivolous with the cash if non is carried.

In previous times most companies used to provide running money, especially for international trips.

commonrail:
this weeks provisions are…
one box of shredded wheat
1 loaf
1 packet of ham
1 tub of dairylea
1 tub of coleslaw
leftover tuna and sweetcorn from my Monday sandwhiches(made on sunday night)
2 pints of milk
5 little bottles of premium orange juice
1 packet of biscuits
1 packet of cakes
5 packets of crisps
I box of cup a soup
evening meal will be anything I fancy…thrown in with the price of the parking ticket.

I also keep an emergency provisions box in the side locker,which contains…

2 tins of tuna
2 tubs of dolmio sauce
1 packet of dried pasta
2 pot noodles
1 tin of hot dog sausages.
2 tins of soup
my emergency box is strictly for emergencies only,and is seldom troubled.

tea bags,coffee and a large tub of water…and that`s yer lot.

if Im near a proven food outlet Ill use it,but I don`t waste the stuff I take with me.

Stop it…you’re making me hungry!