Model Truck

Just finished building this…

:slight_smile: Cool!!!

Bully

Thats the business mate, id love to be able to have the patience etc to do something like that. Very impressive, and probably worth more than a real one :laughing:
I want to know how you put that pic as your signature though, i cant do anymore than write on mine, let alone put a pic there.
Class modelmaking though

You’re right there I reckon, I might just be able to buy a real Turbostar if I sold all my Iveco/Magirus model collection. :laughing:

If you wanna put a picture in your sig, you get the internet address of the picture and put in%20front%20of%20it%20and after it. PM me if you can’t work it and I’ll help or sort it for you.

very good andyroo :wink:

Cheers Andyroo mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
A bit bigger than i expected but what the hell, its THE SWEENEY :smiley: :smiley:
Class :smiley:

Excellent!

“We’re the Sweeney Son, and we ain’t had no dinner”

:sunglasses:

Wonder if you can get a Granada Mk2 in 1:24 scale?

im sure somewher out there you can mate :smiley:
Ive been trying to change me avatar, but all the links ive read havent mentioned the problem i got downsizing pics,thats why i asked about the pics on signature. like i said before, a bit(!) big but who cares :smiley: i hope i can do you a favour sometime like you just done me mate :smiley:

With that Italian reg plate, it needs some dents and scrapes on it for authenticity :laughing: :laughing: .

Nice model, they were good trucks for there time too, though they tended to rust a bit.

My dad had a brand new Ereg 480 Turbostar, dont know if you knew the firm Andyroo, MacHayes from Forncett near Long Stratton? They did have 141"s when they were the thing to have, then 142"s,143"s, then F16"s, then 500 Magnums, then FH16"s. Most of these were left hookers,They got had up for doing a bit more than was legal to do in the end. Nice tackle though.
Anyway, dads 1st trip with brand new Iveco, heading towards Italia, when for no reason at all the window wipers on the mirrors started working :open_mouth: dad had to pull fuse out to stop em, i reckon motor was just excited cos it was heading back home :laughing:

kindle530:
Anyway, dads 1st trip with brand new Iveco, heading towards Italia, when for no reason at all the window wipers on the mirrors started working :open_mouth: dad had to pull fuse out to stop em, i reckon motor was just excited cos it was heading back home :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They are a bit before my time these.

I dunno what it is about Ivecos and me, I think they look nice, they look like trucks not wannabe motorhomes like the Scania (urgh) you posted about in the pro drivers forum. It started when I used to drive the little Dailys and it’s carried on since I’ve got my Class 2. For all their ‘character’ (lets face it I really mean faults) I like driving them, I had a huge grin on my face all day when somebody gave me a Eurotech 26 tonner and paid me to drive it. I’d have paid somebody to drive one when I was 18 or 19! I just have to like things that other people don’t as well, part of my ‘character’ (faults) I suppose. :laughing: Maybe I’d not be so impressed if I was spending time living in one and I’d be after something better. Better now stop before I waffle on about Ivecos all night…

I’m not familiar with your Dad’s firm I’m afraid, I managed to get exiled to London cos of my Dad’s job at 2 or 3 years old and only moved back here 18 months ago, really wish we’d never left in the first place.
:frowning:

Simon:
With that Italian reg plate, it needs some dents and scrapes on it for authenticity :laughing: :laughing: .

Nice model, they were good trucks for there time too, though they tended to rust a bit.

I’d like to say the plate is on slightly wonky for an Italian flavour, but in reality it’s cos the superglue was going off and cos the decal had already disintrgrated into 3 pieces when I put it on the plate (that was a bugger to line back up) I didn’t wanna push me luck. :laughing:

andyroo, seeing as you like iveco models follow this link to one of mine -

www.1-87vehicles.org/photo201/iveco_26033_turbotech.php

the photo is fairly crap but you get an idea of what the model looks like

jj72:
andyroo, seeing as you like iveco models follow this link to one of mine -

www.1-87vehicles.org/photo201/iveco_26033_turbotech.php

the photo is fairly crap but you get an idea of what the model looks like

Lovely stuff!

I’m quite into 1/87 as well, most of my collection is that scale.

There as been a program on sky tv where there was
loads of model trucks and the show was from Germany
it was on the home and leisure channel on the 28 of
feb 2005 at 16:00 hour and it was called supermodels
dortmund special and maybe on again as I think it was
on last week as well.

Also nice model trucks :smiley:

Nice models, both of you… :wink:

I’ve always had model cars, and have just recently started aquiring trucks,
So far i’ve got 4 Corgi’s, including a beloved ‘Corby’ scania… a built italeari (sp?) 1/24 144 with reefer, and a painted but unbuilt 1/24 FH…
BUT my pride and joy is my 1/14 tamiya RC truck… I swapped my old Tamiya Hilux for two units and a TRL… They were in a right state… Bits hanging off and the bumper in two peices but the deal was still good (I paid £150 for hilux, but trucks new price is circa £700)…
The Merc was siIver and I managed to get most of the Eddie paint job finished before I lost interest (could drive the real thing)… I’ve fitted a remote coupling and powered legs but a giga-watt of lighting is in the pipeline…
I bought a couple of RF data chips last month, so I can scratch build a fully funtioning (12 switching channels) light set up with an RF link between the unit and TRL… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve also got a Tamiya Peterbuilt (rubber ducky) but they aren’t really my bag, so it’s still in the same bad state it was when I got it

What else have you… ■■?
I’m currently looking at a ‘Robbe’ Scania to fit the Peterbuilt chassis… but don’t know how much it’ll cost…!!

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

That’s looking smart Ragtop and a real bargain! :sunglasses: With the lights it’ll be really special.

There seems to be a RTR 1:24 RC Stralis started cropping up on ebay recently. This is something I have to have. :open_mouth:

I’ve got an RTR RC Merc tipper at the moment, which is a little bit toytown but still fun.

Nice looking Truck Chrisie also it’s good to see
you back :smiley: .

I was scrolling through the picceis and thought that looks like ragtops car. WB Chrisie

I wish I had the patience and time to be able to do this!

I use to build Airfix Lancaster bombers and Spitfires.

I agree about those Turbostars looking like proper trucks, thats the italians for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Ducati, Ferrari and Fiat. Very pretty but unreliable!